26

"It's so nice to meet you, Mrs Vega," I gave the gorgeous dark haired woman a smile as she let us inside her home.

Even with Jacob's comforting hand on my lower back, I couldn't help but feel extremely nervous to be meeting his mother.

She gave me a warm smile, closing the front door behind us, "it's about time. Jake's told me so much about you, Isis".

I looked up at Jacob, who gave me a small grin before looking over at his mother, "mum, please don't embarrass me".

"Wouldn't dream of it, honey," she shot him a wink, "I've got the appetisers out, before we can make our way to the dining table".

Jacob and I followed her into a beautifully modern and cozy living room, where we made ourselves comfortable on a couch.

"You can call me Joanna, by the way," his mother gave me another kind smile. Jacob was sitting next to me with his hand on my thigh, while Joanna sat on another couch.

"Now, tell me about this early graduation of yours," she handed us both a drink. I felt like such a child when I was handed half a glass of Coca Cola while Jacob and her drank some kind of casual cocktail. 

As nervous as I had been coming here, the more we got talking the more I began feeling comfortable.

Once we began having the delicious dinner Joanna had been kind enough to make for us, her welcoming and un-judgemental personality made me feel like I'd known her forever.

The more I talked to her, the more I missed my own mother and father back home.

"How's Jake doing?" She asked me after I'd offered to help her clean up the table. Jacob had excused himself, and I knew he was going outside for a cigarette.

"What do you mean?" I asked her, placing a few glasses into the dishwasher while she collected the plates.

I watched as Joanna shrugged, "he tells me he's taking his pills, but I know he isn't - a mother always knows. Does he sleep enough, and attend classes?"

"I wouldn't worry about him too much," I assured her gently with a small smile, "he rarely has episodes of hyper focus or misses any classes. I'm keeping an eye on him, though. Not because he needs to be kept an eye on, but because I really do care about him".

His mother gave me a grateful and warm smile, along with a small nod, "thank you, doll. And I know you care for him, it's pretty obvious".

"It is?" I let out a small laugh, leaning back against the kitchen counter when I had finished cleaning up my share. She gave me an almost teasing smile.

"You both clearly love each other," Joanna told me like it was the most casual thing in the world, "you two are so good for each other, and I see that now".

"Now?" I was a little confused even though my heart was beating faster at the mention of love. Maybe this was what love was? Why do feelings have to be so all over the place and confusing?

"I've got to tell you, honey," she walked over to stand a little in front of me, amusement shining in her gorgeous dark eyes. Jacob had definitely got his dark eyes and hair from his mother.

"I was a little worried at first. After the whole nude photographs, thing..." I almost groaned aloud at her words, feeling beyond awkward.

"You didn't see them, did you?" I cringed at my own words, just feeling horrible.

Joanna laughed, shaking her head. I felt so relieved when she continued, "no, Isis, I didn't. I wasn't in charge of that case, but I did hear about them and such. I'm just so glad that you and Jacob could come tonight, it's been really so nice to get to know you".

I gave her a smile, feeling relieved and also happy right now. I did love Jacob, and I didn't give two fucks about any insecurities or doubts that had been holding me back earlier.

"How's is going?" We both turned our heads to see Jacob entering the kitchen, eyes moving between us two.

"Well, neither of us has started ripping out the other's hair, so I'd say we're doing pretty great," Joanna shot me a wink to which I giggled. Jacob came to stand beside me and took my hand in his.

"Do you want to see my childhood bedroom?" He then asked me as his mother had taken a few steps away from us, "I have this really cool mini-Lego fire station set. Used to be my favourite thing in the whole world".

I let out a small laugh and gave his hand a gentle squeeze, "I'd love to see it, Jacob". He gave me a small smile before telling his mum I'd get a tour of the house now, while she stayed behind for several reasons.

I could smell the faint cigarette smoke on him as he led me up the long staircase to the second floor.

Jacob was pointing at different doors as we walked down a hallway, telling me which room belonged to his sister, and also which was a bathroom, master bedroom and guest bedrooms.

All I could really think about was how I'd finally admitted to myself that yes, I did love him.

"Are you okay? Did my mum say something to you?" He broke me out of my thoughts with an expression of confusion and worry. I realised he were standing in the doorway of a blue-walled little kid's room.

"Sorry, I'm just a little tired," I shrugged, giving him a small smile as I let him gently guide me a few steps into the room so he was able to close the door behind me, "your mum's amazing, I really like her".

He grinned, hands finding their way onto my hips as my back faced the closed door, "she really likes you too, I can tell. She hated Jess, but she loves you".

"I'm so glad she likes me," I let out a small laugh, realising I had been nervous for nothing as I brought one hand up to gently cup his jaw.

"It's really hard not to like you," he murmured, eyes moving between mine and my lips before he closed up the distance between us and connected our lips.

I smiled into our kiss, unable to continue it long as I found myself pulling back. Jacob's brows were furrowed, probably thinking he'd done something wrong.

"I love you," I told him confidently, not wanting him to think I was hesitating at all. His brows raised and eyes widened a bit, "what?"

"I love you, Jacob," I giggled, placing my hands onto his hard chest while he still kept my body against his by his hands on my waist, "I guess it took me a moment to realise it, but it's true. You're so sweet and-"

He shut me up by kissing me again and guiding me back so that my back was pushed up against the closed and locked door of his room.

"Please- can we," he was almost panting by the time I let him pull back just a bit from our kiss. Jacob's darkened eyes and the hardening bulge in the front of his jeans told me he was turned on.

"Can we what, baby?" I lowered my voice, feeling my core clench at the situation and sight of him.

I guess he got tired of asking and decided to take charge, because the next thing I knew was, that he was driving me crazy with his intoxicating lips and turned on actions.

I didn't even have to lie to him about loving him, and there was no better feeling than that.

________

Completed