14

I tried a bit of mindfulness-meditating, tried taking a long shower, and also attempted to clear my mind with a cup of tea and Friends, but nothing was relaxing me.

I was still so shocked and horrified at Miles' attempts to humiliate me, as well as gain something sexual from me.

Time seemed to go by so slowly, while I had turned my phone off to avoid possible harassing messages from Noah.

At 7 PM, the doorbell of my apartment rang. I had taken my contacts off before my earlier shower, and was now wearing glasses as well as simple sweatpants and a white tank top.

The bras I wore - which I used to try to make my breasts appear smaller - were painful for my shoulders and back, so I had also switched to a basic workout bra.

Neither Noah or Miles knew my address, so I wasn't very worried as I got up and walked over to open the door.

It was Jacob, holding a white plastic bag with plastic containers inside it. He hadn't been to my apartment before, and I was a little confused as to how he had found me.

"Hi," I gave him a small - and slightly confused - smile. He was wearing the same black tee shirt and black skinny jeans that he had worn this morning.

"Hey. I'm sorry, I'm not a total stalker. I talked to Victor at Uni and he told me your apartment number– Are you okay?" He asked, rambling a bit as his eyes observed me closely, "you didn't come back to class and didn't reply to messages?"

"Yeah, I'm okay," I ran a hand through my hair, glancing away momentarily, "I felt a little sick, so I decided to just skip the day. My phone, uh- the battery died, sorry".

He gave me a nod and small smile, "should we rain-check on our date?"

My eyes widened, "wait- I'm so sorry, Jacob, I completely forgot". I felt so bad. I had completely forgotten about how we had agreed to go to coffee after Uni, and then back to my place.

"You forgot," he repeated to himself, looking down at his nervously shifting feet, as a small chuckle rolled past his lips.

"I'm sorry," I held myself back from reaching out for him, "I didn't mean it like that. A lot just happened and I didn't feel so good, I really would have loved to have gone on the date with you".

He gave me a small smile, "it's fine. I brought Chinese take-away, incase you wanna hang out?"

I returned his smile with a wider one, stepping aside to let him in, "that's so sweet of you, Jacob. I look like a mess, but sure".

"You look really cute," he told me a little shyly as he stepped inside and removed his sneakers. I closed the door as he continued, "I didn't know you wore glasses?"

"I wear contacts when I need to go outside of my apartment," I told him with a slightly playful tone as I turned to look at him, "I'm very shortsighted".

He smiled, looking slightly amused. "Your eyes are still so pretty, I like them a lot".

I had grey eyes. A bit cat-like and therefore fitting with my Egyptian Goddess name. I gave him a smile, stepping forwards to take the plastic bag containing the Chinese take-away, "let me take these. Make yourself at home, I have Friends on in the living room".

I began walking to the kitchen with the plastic bag in my open floored apartment, deciding to grab forks and knives as well as plates for us.

"I'll help," he offered kindly, following closely behind me as I rounded the island table. I shot him a smile while placing them onto a counter.

Deciding we could just eat from the plastic-cardboard containers, I went to grab two forks for us while Jacob took them out of the bag.

"What did you get?" I asked him, walking back to him with two forks in my hands. "I got noodles with chicken, and also noodles with vegetables. I wasn't sure what you'd like..." he glanced to his side, giving me an attractive smile.