9

It was Sunday evening. I had just finished an hour-long meditation, hoping to promote good thoughts instead of the stress I was having of my nudes now coming back to haunt me through Miles.

I had my glasses on, along with a comfortable pair of pyjamas. I was just getting ready to watch one of my favourite Batman movies; Batman Returns, from 1992.

Just as I had made myself comfortable on my small - yet incredibly comfortable - couch, the doorbell rang. I was a little confused as to who wanted to see me at 9 PM on a Sunday night but waddled over to open the door.

My eyes widened a little, as I found the good-looking, tall and skinny man, whom I had met Friday evening when he'd come to get his cat.

His eyes looked puffy, like he had been crying, and was holding a bottle of wine in his hands.

"Hey," I gave him a small smile, "is everything okay?"

"Not really," he sniffled, "can I come inside?" Definitely not how I had expected tonight to go, but since he seemed to be upset, I stepped aside to let the man in.

"I'm just watching Batman Returns," I spoke, closing the door before turning around to see him opening up the wine bottle and taking a swig from it.

"Would you like a glass?" I asked, confused as to what was going on. "No, I'm fine, thanks. Can I watch the movie with you?" He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and looked over at me.

"Sure," I gave him another small smile. I believed in being kind to everyone, and wouldn't be leaving this man alone if he was upset.

I walked over to sit down on the couch, and he followed behind me and made himself comfortable next to me. He took another swig from the bottle of wine, as I watched him. "I'm Isis, by the way," I told him with a small laugh, starting the movie.

"I'm Victor, it's nice to meet you again," he gave me a smile, with a sort of sadness in his eyes. Something had definitely upset him, and he was trying to drown it with alcohol while needing company.

"This is really random, I'm sorry," he shook his head with a small chuckle, glancing over at the movie that was now playing on my television. "I just found out my boyfriend fucked another guy, and I don't know," he frowned, as my brows furrowed.

I raised my knees up to my chin on the couch, leaning back so that I was partly facing him while still being able to watch the movie, "that sucks, I'm so sorry".

"He was a fucking dick, anyway. I'm just upset cos he was really good in bed," Victor gave me a small grin, making a small laugh slip from my lips. "I'm sure you'll find someone better," I assured him.

"Yeah. I'm quite a catch, guys will be falling at my feet," he joked, humour being a coping mechanism for him. I giggled, nodding.

"You're in freshman year, right?" He then asked, "I've seen you around school".

"Yep," I gave him a smile, as he took yet another swig from the bottle of cheap wine, "wild guess, but you're not in freshman year?"

"Second," he shrugged, still seeming like a very kind and funny person; someone whom I didn't mind being friends with, even if our first time properly 'hanging out' had been under circumstances like these. "I'm trying to become a nurse, but I always pass out at the sight of blood so I don't know how it's going to work," he grinned lightly, which I returned with a small and amused laugh.

"That might be a little hard. You could just help people who don't have blood?" I suggested, jokingly. He chuckled, shaking his head, "like vampires? No, thank you. Unless they're very hot and willing to just whisk me away to their secret lair, I'll pass".