Chapter 23

Chrissy knew what was about to happen when the guard had walked in on them. She had felt it in his touch even though she hadn't directly looked at his face. What she didn't know was what would happen next.

She walked as fast as possible. She sat in the shuttle bus next to Nikloi without saying a word. They crossed the visitor centre also in silence. They weren't many people around considering the general admission time was over long back. Stepping out of the exit, they went to the parking area where there were hardly any cars left apart from Nikloi's car.

Chrissy reached the passenger door when she saw that instead of going to the driver side, Nikloi was at her side. Reaching out for her arms, he quickly pulled her back in his arms impatiently as if he had been waiting to do it since long.

She braced herself for his rage since she hadn't let him do what he had wanted back there but what followed was something she could never have been prepared for.

Nikloi's hands reached for her face, with one hand caressing her left cheek while the other hand went behind her neck. Pulling her into himself, his lips touched hers as tenderly as possible. She was expecting force but he kissed her softly. Sensuously. He covered her cheeks with feather light kisses before returning to her lips in a gentle brush, as if he was afraid of hurting her.

Chrissy had thought he would show his brutal strength, as earlier; was even expecting it but this gentleness was her undoing. She couldn't control herself any longer and a deep sigh escaped her lips. Her hands moved in between them and spread out on his chest. He softly pushed her lips apart and she allowed him full access to her mouth. When his tongue touched hers, a shiver went down her body. Her response seemed to encourage him and he deepened the kiss, savouring all the sweetness of her mouth.

Chrissy didn't know a kiss could be like this. Her earlier two kisses had been completely different from this one. She had thought a kiss could only be hard and forceful. She had never known that passion could be so tender, yet so moving.

Every stroke of his tongue, every pull of his lips, was drowning her further in the ecstasy. She squeezed her hands hard, pulling the fabric of his shirt in between her fingers. Her back arched of its own accord and she gave in completely to this new experience. Her body went limp in his arms and he pushed both of them into the car, to support their bodies.

The soft assault continued, taking control of her, urging her to let it go on forever. Following his intoxicating cues through her lips, she kissed him back.

A groan escaped Nikloi's mouth at her reaction. He had wanted to do this since a very long time. He wasn't even sure since when he had been wanting to hold her pliant and yielding in his arms. And even though this wasn't their first kiss, this time he wanted it as if his life depended on that kiss. The earlier kisses they had shared were for different reasons. Wrong reasons, or so he thought. Today was when he just couldn't let it NOT happen. And so he had kissed her against the setting sun and she had kissed him back. And just when he thought he had got what he wanted, she had suddenly gone rigid in his arms.

Chrissy was kissing him deeply with all her passion when she heard soft moaning sounds. Somehow they broke the spell. And she realized to her horror, those sounds were coming out of her mouth. It was then, the extent of her actions hit her.

She had kissed him back!

The realization sent a panic in her body. She tried to break away from him. Her hands that had spread across his chest were now pushing him away. She turned her face away from, trying breathlessly, "N..no..please s..s.stop...I.. I can't d..do this.."

Nikloi was shocked with the sudden change in her but he stopped immediately. Releasing her completely, he stepped back looking at her questioningly. Her breath had still not returned to normal. She moved away from him, taking support from the car. She was too mortified to face him.