Chapter 34 - You belong to me

Chrissy was in the central parlour of Royal Le Swaroski when she heard his voice. Though she was not alone, she was still terrified of meeting him after their last encounter. She quickly looked around for an excuse to move out from there.

It's been a week since the yacht party. She had been avoiding him since that day. She had not even gone to her work at the museum in new hotel knowing that he would be there. Instead she went to the other hotel, saying she needed to close few things before completely moving to the new hotel with its launch in less than a week's time. It was easy to manage others but not to fool Nikloi. She was sure he would have guessed it by now.

That morning, Linda had called her at Regency Palace to say that Nikloi was coming there. He had scheduled some meeting with one of the guest who was staying at the hotel. She was extremely grateful to Linda for sharing this information. Though obviously she didn't say anything to her friend.

Seeking this as a good opportunity to catch onto the last minute requirements at the museum and more importantly to avoid facing Nikloi, she had gone to the new hotel. It was all set for the inaugural night in two days. Staff was especially trained to take care of the super elite guests and their needs. Her antique collection was put up on display in the ball room, the way they had planned. It was a beautiful combination of her design along with the priceless pieces and Chrissy was quite confident that it would be liked by the guests.

But right now, inaugural night was not her concern. Her problem was a deep husky voice that was calling out her name.

"Ms. Smith"

She turned around to find him standing right behind her. As usual, he was dressed in an immaculately designed suit and looking dashing as ever. But still he looked different. Or maybe she is the one who has changed, she thought. She tried to relax her uneasy breath but it was difficult. Especially as his eyes went all over her body scanning her from head to toe and back.

"I thought I would find you here today", he said.

While Chrissy was still struggling to find her speech, he said something to her team. They nodded their heads and moved away. Before she could ask him what he had said to them, he dropped his head close to her ears and said, "Why are you avoiding me?"

"I.. a..hu..", Chrissy tried to say she wasn't avoiding him but nothing came out of her mouth.

"It's ok. I think I already know the answer", he said meaningfully and Chrissy turned dark shade of red at the implications.

Overcoming her speech impairment, she struggled, "I had work here."

"And I have work at my office. So if you will stop running around, I can go back and complete it", he replied, authoritatively.

"I am not running around", Chrissy tried meekly.

"Prove it. Come with me to my office", he replied immediately.

Chrissy knew she was caught. She could neither refuse him nor did she trust herself to be able to hold herself around him. Refusing him meant she would have to give her reasons and that would make the discussion all the more difficult than what it already was. Seeing no other option, she went after him. They got into his car and he drove to Swaroski House.

The ride was quick and silent. She wanted to ask why he wanted her to come to his office. All arrangements were made as per the plan finalized by the core team headed by him. He was in the know of each and every detail.

But she didn't have the courage to question him. That he kept looking at her face from time to time during the entire journey made it even more difficult to converse. His intense gaze was enough to send her mind spiralling to the bottom of her core.