Chapter 49 - The Morning After

Chrissy woke up to a beautiful morning with lights sneaking inside the room at the window corners. She opened her eyes was immediately met by blue clear eyes watching her tenderly. He was lying sideways next to her, with naked chest and his head resting on his palm with the support of his elbow.

"Good morning", he smiled at her.

Chrissy was startled to find herself in bed with a naked Nikloi and jumped up, only to realize she was naked herself. Only a thin bed sheet covering her. She remembered all that had happened, coming to the hotel with Nikloi, her confessions, followed by the awakening of her body and soul in his arms.

She coloured bright red with the memory and her hands immediately went up to hold the bed sheet closely against her breasts. She could feel Nikloi's eyes moving all over her face and sparsely covered body.

Nikloi smiled and moved in closer to her. "For someone who confessed her love most ardently and spent the night in my arms, you sure are too shy this morning."

Chrissy tried to turn away to create distance between them but Nikloi was too quick. "You do remember last night?" He asked suggestively.

"Uh.. I.." Last night was too fresh in her mind but it was impossible to think straight or speak when he was so close to her, bare chest. She could smell him on her every breath. A slight movement from her and she would be touching him.

Watching her closely, Nikloi asked, "Are you hungry?" Chrissy shook her head. Nikloi continued, "I am. For you." With that, his lips came down on hers and she experienced the most beautiful kiss ever. In spite of the initial awkwardness, her heart swelled with happiness at finding herself in Nikloi's arms. She returned his kiss equal fervour.

His hands moved across her body making her release the tightly held sheet, giving him access to her heated body. Nikloi was not so calm himself. His voice was actually shaky when he said, "Oh God, Christina! You have bewitched me."

Christina basked in the glory of his words. Nikloi Swaroski, the man that the world feared, the man whom she had feared not long ago, was here in her arms, shaking at her touch. Not in her wildest dreams, she could have imagined this becoming a reality any day.

She was still enjoying her happiness, when there was a door bell. Seeing Chrissy turn tensed at the sound, he said, "Don't worry. It must be room service. I had ordered breakfast for us. You need your energy to keep up." The smile on his face was too mischievous and Chrissy loved this Nikloi.

"We can have it together in the bed", Nikloi added while getting up from the bed.

Chrissy colored at his continuous innuendoes but suddenly something struck her.

"You ordered for both of us?"

"Yes.."

"That means, they know.. They know I stayed the night here with you?"

"Yes. What's the problem? This is not the first time", he said.

"No.. last time was different. I didn't.. I mean.. we didn't spend the night together even though I had stayed here for the night", she said trying to make sense with her words.

"How do you know we hadn't spent that night together?" He said coming closer again. "As I remember, you weren't very conscious for most of the night."

Chrissy remembered the night Susan had spiked her drink. She had woken up to find herself in this room with Nikloi watching her but he had stepped out after their clash, saying nothing she did concerned him.