Chapter 53 - Dreams of Past & Future

Dear Ladies & Gentlemen,

Ending your wait, here comes the last chapter of 'What Dreams Are Made Of' for you!

Enjoy it along with my all the time favourite LOVE song!

******************************

"Not that I am complaining but there is one thing that I am still not clear of, Chrissy said while lying in Nikloi's arms, back in his presidential suite's bedroom.

"Hmmm..", Nikloi said. He was still lost in sucking the small mole she had at her back, just below the left beauty bone.

They had left from Royal Le Swaroski and after a long shopping session at Bond Street where he wanted to shower her with the best of everything, had returned to Regency Place. They had spent the last hour in bed together but he was so not done. There was still so much he had to explore about her.

"Nikloi!

Chrissy pulled away and turned to face him, creating as much as space between them. "Listen to me!"

"Okay, I will but only if you come back here", he said patting the space next to him.

Chrissy pouted and went back in his arms. She wanted to talk but she was more than happy to be back in his arms.

"You said I had broken your heart, then why did you give me job in your new hotel? You had left me alone for so long, ignoring me completely, then why didn't you just let me continue here at Regency Palace?

"Oh you had broken my heart for sure. I was anguished and disappointed. You had hurt my pride. I loved you deeply but you had pushed me away. I had to nurse my grief-stricken heart. So I had run away from you and everyone else. My family, my work, everything. Steven was the only one who knew where I was."

Chrissy remembered Steven telling her Nikloi had gone to his private resort in some unknown place and she had wondered if he was gone with Susan. How foolish she had been. She had no clue that he was hurting as much as she was. If only she had accepted her heart's desires, she could have saved both of them so much of heartache. But maybe it was always meant to be liked this. She smiled to herself, coming closer in his embrace.

"When I could finally overcome my emotions, I returned but I had decided that I would stay away from you. That was the only way I could survive this unexpectedly painful realization that the one woman whom I had loved, didn't want me. So, I had avoided you and that's how I had planned to move on. But one meeting with you when your mother was not well and I had known it was just my futile imagination. I was a lost cause already. There was nothing I could do to really move on."

"So my darling I had come up with Mission Winning Christina. Asking you to work on this museum was all part of that mission. I needed to have you in front of me so that I could work on my mission. I had decided I would make you see my real feelings and get you accept me."

"Yacht party had just triggered that plan into fast forward. Seeing you all wet and scared at the deck had awakened all my manly emotions. I wanted to immediately wipe off all the pains from your life and protect you forever. At the same time I also wanted to kiss you senseless. I wanted to make you mine in every way I could. I wanted you in every possible way a man wants a woman."

"I had thought you were upset with me for creating such a fuss at the party", Chrissy said dropping her head lowered. She could still feel the chills of that night.

"How could I be upset with you, Christina? If anyone, I was upset with myself for not taking care of you. For letting something so dreadful happen to you when you were clearly under my protection on that yacht."