Chapter 45 - Wrath of Love

Chrissy was too scared but she knew she had to keep her wits. She had to find a way out and losing her nerves would not help. Jake Tilly was standing behind her near the entrance door they had come in from. There was another door at the other end of the room but it was closed too. She tried to see if there was any other exit but there was too little light to make out clearly.

Susan continued with her ranting. "You were lucky to have escaped those times but not for long. I had finally succeeded in turning Nikloi against you with Richard's help. At that time, I had thought it was much more effective and clean. Nikloi hated you and didn't want to see your face ever again. It even made my job easier as he finally agreed to marry me as well. Look, we are finally getting married", Susan laughed sinisterly.

"My dream for so many years was turning into a reality. I was so happy BUT YOU DECIDED TO TAKE IT ALL AWAY! AGAIN!" Susan suddenly yelled at the top of her lungs and pulled Chrissy hairs in her fist. Chrissy winced at the sharp attack of pain at the root of hairs.

She was pulled across the room and pushed into the seat occupied by Susan earlier. Slapping her hard across her face, Susan gritted against her teeth, "I should have ended your life much earlier but I was fooled to think you were finally out of his life. What with your moving to North Hampton and starting a new life! But it was all a farce. The moment you got your chance, you sent your dog, Henry, to do your bidding."

In spite of the pain, Chrissy couldn't stop herself from asking, "Henry doesn't know anything. I didn't ask him to do anything. Please, he is not involved."

"Oh sweet Chrissy, trying to save Henry! You truly are a devious girl. All men in that family seemed to be swooning around your little finger", Susan taunted sarcastically.

Chrissy was disgusted with her description. She tried to say but Susan cut her in again, "Your dear friend, Henry had come to warn me to stay away from you all else he would tell Nikloi all about it. Now, why would he go to such length for a friend is beyond me!" She again laughed loudly in that heinous tone of hers.

Chrissy was getting more and more worried with each second. She was trying to remain calm but it was proving to be very difficult.

"What did you do to him?" Chrissy asked frightened, not really wanting to know the answer.

"No, Sweety. He is not dead. Yet", Susan replied in sugar coated tone. "I will decide what to do with him later. But first I have to deal with you." The razor was back.

"You have caused me enough troubles already. I should have ended you long time back but no more regrets. I will kill you today and then I will marry Nikloi. And then we will live happily ever after. It will be the perfect ending. For you. And the perfect start for us", Susan's eyes sparkled with excitement.

Chrissy knew she couldn't fight her way out. Between Jake Tilly and Susan, it was only a matter of minutes before they killed her. She had to find another way. She had to reach out to Susan before she did something irreversible. Her palms were covered in sweat but she tried to remain calm.

Trying to gain some time, she said, "I told you I was not interested in Nikloi. The way he treated me that night of hotel launch party was enough to put me off him for an entire life. I can't be with a man who can't trust me. He is all yours, as far as I am concerned." Susan looked up her face to see if she was telling the truth.

Gaining some confidence that Susan was listening to her, Chrissy continued, "Why would I move to North Hampton if I wanted to be with him. It's been months since I heard anything about him let alone seeing him. He doesn't belong to my world."

"Yes, that's true. You don't belong together", Susan said thoughtfully. "But unfortunately, now it's too late for you. Today it was Henry. Tomorrow it can be Nikloi. He may end up meeting you accidentally. He may have a change of heart. I can't take the risk. You need to die TODAY", she added with vengeance.