The Date

Dear Diary,
I am so confused at what's been going on the past few days. After the church service, Josiah ran up to me and told me he didn't have my number, so he collected it, right in front of people. We've been talking nonstop. I didn't understand why he wanted to talk to me.

People stayed away from me in church. I only have Dami and few others, then the rest of TLC who just take a look at my belly and see me as a bad influence. The children especially stay away from it. I'm used to solitude. But this boy, coming to talk to me, surprises me. I'm just waiting for the moment when he tells me this is just a joke and then I can find a way to move on with my life.

******

On Saturday afternoon at about 1pm, the weekend lectures were over. Isabelle dispersed out with Angel, one of the few friends she's made in the class. Angel was shorter and looked delicate. She was supposed to have graduated but she had fallen seriously ill, it made her miss school for a whole year. Now she was trying to pick up what she missed within that year.

Isabelle felt her phone beep.

Josiah : Where did you say you were again?

Isabelle: At the parking lot, just like the first time you came here whilst stalking me

Josiah: You're never going to forget that, are you ? :(

Isabelle: Not in a lifetime .

Josiah: I can see you. Turn around.

She smiled at Angel and said she would see her on Monday, before walking over to his car.

He got out and assisted her in. When he walked over to his side, she laughed.

"What's so funny?" He asked.

"I always let you know that I don't need any help"

He shook his head. "You'll never change, will you"

She folded her arms. "Not for anything or anyone" she smirked.

He put his free hand up. "Of course, of course"

After what seemed like a long drive, they stopped in front of a very familiar sight. Isabelle looked at the gates and raised an eyebrow. He looked pleased at her shock.

"You brought me to millennium park?" She said, speechless.

He laughed softly at her surprise. "Yes, I did"

"Of all the places to take me to in Abuja?"

"Let's admit, there aren't much places in Abuja" He said, shrugging.
She would agree with him on that, though.
Abuja was a very silent city with fewer places of attraction than Lagos. She didn't mind , though. She loved the city because she'd lived here all her life. So she didn't mind that it was millennium park.

They came out of the car and Josiah went to the boot to retrieve a huge basket and a mat. Then they walked in together.

"I can't believe my first date is a picnic." She said to herself. "I can't remember the last time I came here, but it was certainly not a picnic"

Her family used to host picnics but there was a garden behind their house, able to accommodate about a hundred people. It didn't make sense to do a picnic elsewhere.

"What can I say, I'm the best at what I do" He replied.

"Don't flatter yourself"

They got a good spot, under the shade of a huge tree. Josiah made her rest while he laid out the mat and set the picnic basket.