Message recieved

It was only about two hours after the paladins fight when the sun began to set; days were shorter on Vrall and the nights could stretch to 15 hours. Lance had said he wished it was like that on earth, barely any sunlight with far more time to sleep in (which Pidge felt he did enough already).
Keith had come back to spend some time with the Paladins after spending what felt like far too much time with the blade of Marmorra. He was a little friendlier to everyone and even smiled occasionally, and spent more time with the paladins as a whole. Pidge was happy to have him back but was still frustrated with this transmittion. Who sent it and how did they get it? Was this similar to the Okaron, a super-advanced species trying to get her attention? An ambush? She was going to find out.
She had gotten Matt on her own a little while earlier- she wasn't even going anywhere too dangerous. Allura would let her go out and explore a bit... or maybe she would be unwilling and suspicious.
Allura can be hard to read sometimes.
A cover-up. Maybe to check out the wreckage because I saw something at the battle earlier. Maybe I could say I saw some cool Galra tech. Yeah!
And that was that.

She suited up and told Allura about everything. Reluctant at first and wanting another paladin to go, Pidge convinced her and eventually was able to go if she radioed back in case anything at all looked suspicious, including possible seeing a certain fugitive prince.
As she was leaving to her lion, she rounded a corner and smacked head-first into Lance. She hit the castle floor with a hard thud and Lance stumbled back a bit, pausing to say "hey Pidgeon watch were you're going!" Pidge grumbled and got up, about to walk away when Lance said "where are you going exactly?" He crossed his arms and looked at her in an over the top skeptical manner. "Nonayabusiness" Pidge tried to say as she sped past until he caught the rim of her suit and spun her around. "I don't know where it could be since you've already got your brother with you... does it have to do with that weird radio junk you were messing around with earlier?"
Damn. I forgot how he can be observant.
She straightened up and deadpanned at him. "No, I just thought I could try to salvage some Galra tech from the battle earlier, it could really help." She said. He gave her the look of skepticism again, saying "Why wait this long after a battle, pretty strange of you." She just shrugged it off saying "Well why are you wandering the castle?" She said, slowly backing off, never taking her eyes off him. He looked confused but then walked away, printing Pidge to let out a sigh of relief.
He'll forget about all this soon- but that was a little too close for comfort.
She took the long way around to her lion to be safe.

She launched out of the castle of lions, piloting green into the great unknown. As she rocketed through space back to the strange place she was before, her mind drifted to thoughts of her family... and her mother. Still on earth, missing a son, husband, and now a daughter who she didn't know was undercover in the Garrison this whole time. She didn't talk to her mother that much but still obviously cared for her.
Don't worry mom- all your worrying will cease. Well all be together again.
She drifted to other things after that.

She began cranking her radio settings once she approached where she was earlier, unsure if this would work again. She was afraid almost. Finally she had gotten it to the same setting and distance, and the closest place she could be to where she was earlier.
She sat in silence for a long time.

She woke up with a jolt, realizing she had fallen asleep for a few minuets. Or megatics- some weird space time like that. She listened into the radio, and to her disappointment it was still silent. She had been there for almost 40 minuets or so and was quickly getting ancy, thinking over how a thousand different things could have changed from now to then and that's why there was no message.
It was a stupid idea, anyway.
At least it was, until her radio picked something up in the vastness of space.
Very quiet at first but slowly it picked up. It was all incomprehensible at first, just noise until it began to clear and form, like a liquid hardening into a single shape. Well a bit of an uneven shape. It was still garbled but it rang out, clear as day that it was her message. She was dumbfounded and astonished and baffled and could be described as more synonyms of confused. She furrowed her brow as she tried to trace where it came from, to no avail. She tried moving her lion forward eeeeeever so slightly... and succeeded in catapulting it about 10 feet. Cursing at how she didn't get enough of a grip in time, for a second she was afraid she had lost the signal.
But it was... clearer.
She could hear every voice... Lance, Hunk, Shiro and Keith all chiming into a message of welcome with The altean members in the background. She was even more confused but more amazed so she decided to as carefully as she could, Guide lion forward. The only real obstacle in her was was a planet nearby- small and unassuming and very primitive along with uncolonized- problem was it had a large seaway of rocks around it, despite being a fair distance away. She hear the message get cleared of its garble every so slightly, as if someone was cleaning it with a toothbrush.
It was still clearly off in the distance but as she neared the planet and rested green on a large rock chin I hovering nearby, she could hear the message cut out, making her heart drop. But then it cleared up as she pivoted a little closer to the planet.
Clearer than ever before.
She decided to descend onto the planet, as it was clearer every second she got closer. The part of the planet she landed at was a strip of pale white sandy beach, which was a bit eerie since no other animals stirred around in the sand, but large black fins could be seen emerging from the sea's depths nearby. She waited as she heard the message so clear it could have been her own recording of it playing. Certainly it was someone playing it.
But who? And where? She thought. The beach was empty so no candidates were made immediately clear. She leaned back, about to perhaps ask for any ideas Matt or the team had when a sharp noise caught her attention.
She whipped around to be greeted by the horrific sight of a massive black- gunned and mean looking fish creature from the depths of the sea. It charged her lion, being about 50 meters away but closing the distance fast, incredibly fast.
Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god
Is al she thought as she pivoted green away. Strangely enough, green launched safely upward, but then ejected Pidge onto the beach. A barrier surrounded the lion as Pidge tumbled to the ground, hitting the sandy ground hard. The massive beast was mere seconds from mauling her, obliterating her in a second with a stamp from one of its six appendages. Suddenly it staggered back, releasing a haunting growl before fleeing back to the sea. A large black ship came from nowhere, landing near Pidge along with green sitting idly beside it now, still encased in a green barrier.
She might have been baffled by this, but suddenly felt incredibly, tired.
So much so, she stopped moving, the world began to get fuzzy.
It must have been a trap, Pidge you idiot!
She screamed inside her head as hard as possible. But she already was slumping forward, fighting her strange sleepiness but failing.
Just before she blacked out though, a cloaked silhouette approached her, and crouched down to pick her up...