Watcher

The paladins continued through the vast space; empty and alone. They all felt on edge, the black paladin the most composed but most confused too. As he thought about the whole ordeal, he got a horrible shiver down his spine. He felt this often when talking to the other Paladins, he hadn't told the others as he felt it was just a side-effect of his earlier imprisonment.
But this time in particular made him feel like icy claws were slicing through his skin. He tried to forget about it.
The prisoners were bound together behind him at the back of the cockpit as the other Paladins felt it was safer there where he could see them, and deal with them if need be.
Keith was now situated in the red lion with Lance; Allura was a bit on edge and he didn't want to be a problem with her; and Matt was gone as he wanted to be with Pidge. It looked as if he didn't want to leave her even for tic.
The black paladin was gripping his controls and trying to nonchalantly keep an eye on his new guests, when one of them spoke up.
"How long until we get to your planet?"
He straightened up and turned his head slightly.
"Why do you need to know?" He replied.
The second person grunted while the smaller person said simply,
"No reason. It feels we've been here so long."
Shiro only deadpanned them, putting on a more stoic persona when he relayed to all of them
"Tough luck we've been flying this path before. It's also 30 minuets left. Or doboshes or whatever time you count in."
The second person laughed and said "Heh, Doobosh... how do they come up with this stuff."
Shiro felt off about them... the first persons voice was a strange middle-pitched voice with a little scruffy sound in there, but the second person... their voice was somewhat deep but was also so strange and familiar. And the way they added their second comment sounded like a front for what they were going to say.
It made Shiro on edge a bit more.
Shiro took a glance at the monitor and wanted to see how the other Paladins had reacted. They seemed a bit distracted and in their own worlds, not paying any notice to shield conversation.
He did something the other Paladins forbid. He turned off his monitors sound so he could talk to the prisoners privately.
"So you two... what were you doing with the green lion, exactly? And why was kidnapping her the best option in this case."
The first person, he noticed, was watching him through their mask.
"You don't want them to hear... even the captain holds his surprises for his own team."
Shiro was taken aback a bit by the persons tone of utter contempt. He scowled and when he wanted to say something else or ask them another question, the first person responded.
"I won't speak to you in seldom. Only the paladins all together will hear me speak. Us speak." They said as they nudged the person next to them. They only made a slight noise if agreement.
He sighed knowing it was futile and turned on his monitor again.
He heard Keith say something through the monitor,
"Hey guys I'm picking something up here-"
And before he could finish "KEITH! Step back a bit I can even see!"
"What is it?"Allura said.
Keith spoke up again, "It was a blip, but it could be something important in an empty place like this-" "-oooooor it could be some useless junk?" Lance replied. Keith gave him a scowl and said again,
"Pidge can you find out what that was?"
Pidge began typing into her monitor something, replying "sure thinnnng." She drew out her sentence as she trailed off, getting lost in her search.
She made a worried face and said in a confused voice "umm well it seems there was a large burst of energy that would have come up as a 'blip' you say. But it's really strange."
Lance made a tsk sound, and said "when have we NOT heard that?"
Shiro noticed that the second prisoner behind him mumbled at the same time something that sounded very similar.
"We should probably check it out..." pidge began, before they all in unison said
"No!"
Pidge actually laughed at this, the only one taking this a little humorously.
"Ok. Let's get back to the castle first then I suppose."

~[•]~

The blip the paladins saw was much farther away than they realized. What appeared to be a burst of energy like a small star, was actually another ship. It passed through a clear plane, spawning from the depths of space and springing to life.
It was a ship.
It appeared to be a Galra cruiser but one that was covered in considerably more power generators, with a strange emblem that looked like a horrible mutation of the Galra emblem that hung heavy over much of the known universe.
Inside the front was the commander, gazing with cold coppery eyes at a monitor. A general walked up behind him.
"Sir, the five lions have been found. How do we proceed?"
The general was a hardened warrior from the most dangerous outer regions of the Galra empire. She had scars cross-crossing all over her, spines pegged around her uniform and large risks that added to her menacing appearance.
The strange white crystalline structures that appeared to grown from her very forearms also helped that image.
"Good to heat, General Umara. We go for the blue or even the yellow if we must but we have to keep the others more intact. They are far more valuable to the emperor that way."
The commanders voice was not very deep but was still dry and very imposing.
"Yes commander Shaelek."
She made a gesture with her powdery arms.
"Vrepid sar."
She turned and walked away, her tall frame passing through the dimly lit hallway.
Commander Shaelek turned to the monitor and brought up a screen on his monitor and spoke to what appeared at first to be a black screen.
"Heaolin... I need a skilled one to infiltrate the lions, and you have an...interesting connection to them. You will go with General Umara and her team."
The black screen moved slightly; a darker shape moved along the screen and spoke in a quiet voice.
"Yes, commander."
And the screen crackled from the monitor.

Wow oh wow oh wow! How incredible! I actually made a new chapter!!
I promise the good bits are coming, and I'm so excited for where it's going but please be patient I'm taking it slow, I have school in full swing and the bus is my only free time to write.
But I hope that's alright!! It will be better than me rushing it.
Please vote on the story and tell me how you like it! I entered it in the voltron 2018 watts awards, so yeah!!
Also cool enough my chapter message received had as many reads as one of my other stories in its entirety!! That's insane thanks so much for sticking with this one I'm so excited to make it! (Don't read the story in mentioned it's the first one I wrote and it's trash- I've tried to improve it.)
BYEE!
~Ashie~