Desperation

Lance and Matt descended to the planets' surface, wet sand feeling out of place under hard boots. The sky on this planet was an eerie inhuman blue color; it hurt the eyes in the same way those pale fluorescent bulbs would. Far off on the horizon a monstrous tale flicked out of the water.

She's going to be ok... Matt thought to himself. Large dug- out holes were nearby in the sand, almost big enough for four big paws...
"She has to have been here!" Matt shouted as he sprinted over to the forest nearby.

"MATT!" Lance cried out as he tried to follow with his rifle in hand, getting winded in the process. For someone so smart your acting pretty stupid! Lance thought.
But what would you do if  someone you loved went missing like that... Pidge lost her whole family for a year...
He eventually got closer to Matt as he saw the other Paladins descend onto the planet. Allura and blue first, then Hunk, then Shiro.

Hunk had gotten Yellows back paw wrapped in the tentacles of a massive and hideous squid monster, and was currently shaking the paw wildly to get it off.
Shiro sighed in the intercom and Lance heard it through the radio. "I'm almost there Hunk, don't worry." He flew over and cut the squid off of him, the creatures screams echoing in the air.

Lance had turned to watch the spectacle; finally turning around to be met by Matt about another quarter mile away, climbing a tall tree in the nearby forest.
"DUDE! STOP THAT, I CAN'T RUN THAT FAST!"
Lance shrilly explained as he attempted his way over.
Matt had shimmied some how up half the tree, wiggling slowly to the top.
"I think I'll get a good view up here!!" Matt called out, barely audible.

I wonder where did she go...
He realized they needed someone who could know where the Galra could be or what they could have done to disguise the lion.

"Hey Allura, maybe we could see what Keith thinks about this. He could help us solve this."
Allura made a surprised hmmmm and then replied
"So you want Keith? Surprised to hear that fryou m you."
Lance blushed in an embarrassed way and then said
"Wait wait hold on I don't want him here he could help us find Pidge! His lion was held by the Galra and we couldn't find it when it was so maybe he say how they were holding it, that's all."

"Mmmmm-hmmmmm. Ok Lance." She laughed at the last part, and hearing the other Paladins chuckle made Lance more embarrassed.
Wanting to change the subject he turned back to Matt who was now at the top of the massive tree, one half shielding his eyes as he looked out over the landscape for his sister.

"Hey Matt! See anything?"
He looked down and said in faint voice
"What was that?"
Lance realized he was way to far up and so he cupped his hand over his mouth and yelled
"HEY MATT! See anything?"

Matt then tapped something- he was too far up to see exactly, and then Lance heard inside his helmet,
"Hey Lance you know you gave me your helmet with your radio, right?"
Lance made a strange yelling noise of embarrassment and annoyance and then said
"hey matt do you see anything."
He looked around again and said into the intercom
"No.... this landscape is all beach and water, and it's really creepy. She could have flown into a zone nearby that somehow disconnected the lion maybe."
Lance wanted to believe him, but the lions could go a ways away from the castle or even each other and still be seen.

"Keith might know the answer. Could we call him from the com to the Castle?" Lance asked.
"Oh yeah! I'm on it, I can get Keith hold on..." Hunk replies as he fiddled with something, all the paladins and Matt awkwardly waiting as he fiddled with something and the only noise on the com was Hunks strange whistling and noises that he made while doing something.

"Boop. Beep. Blooop-"
That was all they heard for some time.
Matt had gotten down from the tree from as a connection had been made to Keith.
Lance went back inside Red with Matt in tow, both sitting in the lions head as Keith's image came to life on the screen.

He looked almost amused, a small smile on his face which was almost never there, and said to the group
"So I heard you wanted to see me Lance?"
Lance quickly said back "Wha-what uh no Keith. I just think we need your input."
Keith still looked amused with Lances awkwardness, as he said, suddenly serious, "About Pidge being missing? I just heard."
Lance nodded as he saw the other Paladins followed suit.

"Well when I first got the red lion, I didn't get a great look around, but I remember they had the lion surrounded by machine wires. It kept the lion from being seen on scanners. It's stubbornness didn't help. But I'm not sure if I can be much help on that front, but I want to be there to help find Pidge."
Shiro spoke up into the com and said "Keith the blade needs you. We haven't turned to drastic measures yet."

Keith looked a bit upset by being called drastic measures but he continued.
"Please Shiro. Pidge is my friend too, I can take time off this once." He said a little more forcefully.
Shiro furrowed his brow as he considered this.
"You can come for a awhile, but if she doesn't turn up soon enough we may have to go back, that includes you as well."
Keith nodded and looked back at Coran who was coming up to tell him something. They exchanged words and Keith turned back to the screen.
"I'll be over soon enough."

~[•]~

It was about forty minuets earth- time when Keith got there. The group were searching around for any signs of Pidge, and when they found nothing, they became nervous. Matt most of all.
Keith was in a small vessel that the castle had, he pulled down to the planets surface and then landed a little ways from the lions, as his ship would be unable to take off from sand, it was far less versatile than them.
"Where to now?" Keith asked the group.
They all gave a few words, all anxious and unsure.
They looked for some time in silence.

A little while later, Keith was orbiting the planet in the blue lion with Allura, she pulled up the tracker for Pidges signal. Her eyes glanced at the screen and back to her controls, until she swiveled back and her eyes went wide.
"It can't be....Its her!" Allura exclaimed.
Keith looked forward, seeing what her eyes were locked on.
A mess of dots were moving around the planet infront of them, with a little green blip coming towards them.
A little screen lit up in front of them, and the familiar face and brown messy hair came into view.
"Hey everyone."
"PIDGE!" They all yelled back.
"I'm going to kill you if you ever scare me that bad again! Where were you ?!" Matt exclaimed.
She finally got to the planet again, and left the cockpit. Matt ran from the red lion and ran to her, embracing her on the beach below. The other Paladins went down to meet them too.
Pidge broke away from Matt after some time and finally she spoke.
"Hey guys. So uh, there are some people that kidnapped me. And they want to talk to you."

____\_\___~_<_<_<_<_?_??\>?_>_______-
Oh weee look at that yet another chapter in a short period of time! Sorry for the rapid fire style of publishing I'm usually a lot slower it's just this week I wrote a lot more than usual, plus spring break is coming up so I'll have more time, but if a weekly pattern is easier for some of you to catch up please let me know I have no problem waiting! Hope you enjoy the story!!
~Ashie~