The black lion's search

The princess of Altea found herself in a garden. She was wearing her traditional clothes, a fine pink robe with yellow and white accents, with long frilly sleeves. She felt slightly confused; her head felt clear of worry, yet something tugged at her.
This melted once she heard a rustling from behind her.
Someone familiar swept through the door and beamed at her.
She returned the smile as she ran over to him.
It was her father, King Alfor of Altea.
He held out his arms as the princess ran into them.
She looked up into his bright blue eyes and he returned her smile.
"It's good to see you again, Allura."
She stared up at her father for what felt like a long time, happy to see him as she hadn't seen him by the castle in awhile, it felt like.
But then he grasped her shoulders and his eyes took on a serious look. They flashed a brown color as he told her
"I'm sorry, but Allura you have to wake up."
She shook her head as the feeling of worry began to tug at the corners of her mind again.
For awhile she had no words, they had left her unable to question her father.
And then she asked him "why? I'm not sleeping?"
And she woke up.
It was cold here, she shivered only slightly.
Her eyes had to adjust to the lighting- it was a calming grey, but it was all that was around her.
She tried to move her arms and get up, this claustrophobic cold grey plane was a far cry from her warm and bright Altea.
Suddenly movement surged into her limbs and she pounded on the glass in front of her and screamed.
She fell forwards and landed into the arms of the Black paladin.
"Allura! You're awake. I didn't know if you could hear me earlier..." he said, a worried expression plastered into his features and stained into his brown eyes.
She stared up at him and everything came back to her.
The fact that she was in a healing pod, and was imagining her father, and when he spoke to her it was simply Shiro speaking to her from outside the pod, urging her to wake up.
And she remembered the blue lion.
Or more specifically, how she and the blue lion were both frozen solid, and she barely clutched to life as she was rushed here.
She stared at Shiro for a few seconds, and felt a little safer.
But her expression then hardened as she stood up.
She struggled, from her limbs being underused and also frozen.
She fell forwards and he caught her shoulders.
"Allura, I'm afraid your not in great condition to be standing-"
She waved her hand at him and broke from his grasp.
"I'm fine, Shiro. How long have I been asleep?"
Allura stared with intensity, standing to her greatest ability.
Though she wavered she was clearly defiant and wouldn't let Shiro put her back into the pod.
"About a day and a half." He prepared for her shock and held up his hands, adding
"It was necessary, you were... you were near death Allura."
He was clearly just concerned and looking out for Allura as he treated her like one of the Paladins, but Allura had none of it.
"Where are the other Paladins? I've been out so long is the castle in a safe place?"
"We worn holed to a safe place after you were taken from the blue lion which is fine by the way, and the others..."
he trailed off and sighed, looking away.
"Shiro..." Allura had decided to go for a softer approach now.
He is feeling this all as much as me, don't treat him as if this is his fault.
She took in a deep breath and opened her eyes.
"What happened To the other Paladins."
She asked as neutrally as she could, even if the question burned hot in her mind and each second not knowing the answer hurt her.
Shiro looked right at her.
"There was a Galra ship. We haven't seen anything quite like it, it had these attachments. After you were attacked, the green lion was also victim to these ships weapons. Then, portals opened up. The other lions got sucked into them, and that was about a day ago. We haven't found any trace of them, and the Galra ship is now gone."
Allura's mouth hung open. She couldn't believe what he told her- no, she could believe it. She simply wished he was for some reason lying to her.
"They're.... well they can't be gone. What about Pidge she was sucked into that wormhole a few months ago, all the Paladins were and they got back didn't they?" She smiled weakly; she wanted to find any semblance of hope.
Shiros heart cracked when she said this.
"No Allura we've tried contacting them... they're not near something that could help them find us, for all we know Pidge and her ship are going to be out for some time. They're lost, Allura."