The explanation

Pidge woke up. Again. She jolted her head up, disoriented by what had occurred. This was not the same room she was in earlier, this room was a bit brighter with a table and chairs. Pidge moves her arms slightly, realizing that her hands weren't bound.
I don't understand these people... you kidnap me and let me wander around your ship?
She looked around, surveying the room until her eyes fell upon a door on the back wall. She stood up and looked around for any more camera flickers, and saw none. She looked around again at the room, seeing sparse and mundane items on the desk. The room was larger than the first, but the table and chairs made it feel quite cramped. She looked at the items on the desk. A screw driver, tape, a nail, and a black metal pendant. She reached behind her and pulled out her bayard. She held it close, green beams reflecting off her helmet. She furrowed her brow as she carefully twisted the almost human looking door handle.
Locked. She thought. They wouldn't let me roam around that easily. They must have thought I would sleep longer than I really did. Well I won't be stuck in here for so long. She raised her bayard and prepared to tan the handle through the door, until a voice from nearby shouted "wait!"
A pause. Pidge spun around to see the voice was coming through what appeared to be a nail sticking from the ceiling.
It can't be...
No. Not a nail, a tiny over head announcer. Pidge remembered the Garrison had used PA systems and they were a bit archaic, but she never knew they could be so small.
Fascinating. She thought briefly, until she remembered what she had to do. "Why should I wait? You've kept me here against my will." She shouted at the microphone. "No no listen we don't wish to harm you at all, we just need to tell you something. You and many other people are in danger." "Yeah well, kidnapping me isn't going to convince me."

The voice on the other end paused, she could almost hear them thinking, trying to decide what to say next.
"Then what will convince you?" The voice asked.

Pidge answered loudly, "Let me see who you are and tell me where my lion is. Then I'll consider trusting you."
The voice paused once again, this time not to think as before, instead what sounded like murmuring (and a little bit of arguing) was occurring on the other side. A different person came up to the speaker and said
"We'll  show you your lion and explain all this, but it may be a lot to take in. This won't come lightly and we won't be responsible for any possible reactions you may have."
This voice was a bit lighter and higher pitched than the first, but was much less calm and fierce.
"Well can you at least come and unlock the door or talk to me in person? Explain that message transmition maybe? How you got my own personal message somehow and, also, where my lion is and why you gases me while I was about to be crushed by some massive crab, and-"

Pidge at this point was mostly shouting obscenities and various complaints at her capture and such. The first voice attempted to interject until she continued, steaming in past as she rose her voice louder and louder. Finally, she finished, and after a brief pause, the higher-pitched voice asked her in a tone of I'm done with your problems, "are you...done?" They made their voice sound long and drawn out, making sure they were heard and that their attitude towards her outburst was clear.
"I will be once I get some answers."
The voices sighed in sync and finally, after more murmuring on their behalf, Pidge could almost hear one of them saying,
"We have to just tell her. It's the only way."
"Only if you make sure to catch her when she faints."
"Ok..."
The PA system made a crackling sound, and then went dead. She heard muffled footsteps and the whole room was quiet for a few minuets. A knock came from the door and she instinctively held up her bayard, her eyes looking angry and green in its light.
The knob of the door jiggled, then made a click, and swung open wide.
The two strangers from earlier, the tall and lanky one and the shorter one were standing by the door. They closed it as they stepped through, their masks facing her coldly from the other side of the room.
The shorter one began to walk toward her, and reached up to grab at their helmet. They said
"Better to just plunge right in than to go in slowly..." the figure said, as they motioned for their partner to come over.
They both pulled off their masks.
The second figure did it so quickly, and had their eyes closed as they shook out their hair in a strangely familiar fashion. Pidge didn't register who it was before the figure before her pulled of their helmet. They were both about eye level, so it wasn't too hard to see who it was.
Pidge gasped quietly as she realized who it was, or tried to.
It can't be...
They had her hair, her eyes, her... everything.
This was her, but older.
This version of her was also not looking away like the other figure. They were staring right at her.