Discovered

Keith and Lance were now on a plateau, where they had spent much of the night with the strange inhabitants of this planet. The two larger cats creatures were now communicating with the smaller ones; and they were sent away.
I wonder what happened to the others...
Keith thought as he looked up at the red lion. It was fully operational, if he could connect to the other Paladins they could leave...
But then as he went to move he felt uneasy, and sat down again.
"Hey, what's wrong?" Lance asked as he saw Keith look down.
"I think we should leave here soon. I mean, red is fine now and the others could be in trouble."
Lance contemplated this for a second, and then stared up at the night sky.
"I'm not so sure."
Keith looked back at him confused, and asked
"Why? What is so important about this place?" He kept his tone more interested and less defensive than he usually is when he faces push back from the other Paladins.
"It's not that this place is important or anything it's just that, if we got stuck here through a weird portal, than I mean how far are we from the others? we could run into Galra the second we step foot off this place. If we try to contact them, than maybe they can get back to us."
Keith thought this over, and was conflicted. He wanted to go immediately and search for the others but then, at the same time, Lance was so clam and he was almost mad at how calm he looked.
He has a point... but what if they're in trouble.
He didn't leave the planet but he did decide to go into the red lion and attempt contact.
"Can I see if red can contact them though?" Keith asked.
Lance looked almost reluctant but than said
"Sure, but make sure red doesn't go and get attached back to you, mullet."
Keith only laughed and said "I don't know it may be hard for her" he even replicated Lance's charm.
Lance scowled at him and pushed him slightly.
"Yeah yeah sure. Go on now."
Keith only laughed and walked away.

Red was still standing proud and high, but allowed some of the cat-dog creatures to rest along its paws.
Keith made sure to wake up and shoo away all the creatures; if red moved her paws would surely crush the little things.
Red lowered her head to Keith and opened her mouth, allowing him to enter.
He sat down and tried to connect to the castle of lions, wherever it may be.
"Allura? Coran?..Shiro? Are you there?" He got nothing back in response, the system wasn't spewing out static, it looked completely dead.
He sighed and looked around the cockpit for something else, some other way he could contact them.
How did Pidge find the ship? She was all alone...
Keith thought as he began fiddling with the controls and calling names over and over. Every second more frustration seeped into his voice.
He had attempted contact for so long, he forgot how many times he tried.
He eventually gave out a noise of frustration and sat back in the chair; furrowing his brow at the screen.
He turned it off and in the dark surface he saw someone walking up behind him.
He spun around only to see the startled face of the red paladin.
"Oh hey, you alright bud? You've been up here for like half an hour."
Keith softened his look at this and spun back to the screen.
"It may not be working but they'll find us. Pidge found the castle before and then the castle found all of us. And so far this place hasn't been dangerous."
Keith gave him a skeptical look. "Did you forget the wave?"
"Besides the wave."
Lance walked up closer to Keith and said
"It'll be alright." He then lightly patted the former Paladins shoulder, and smiled.
Keith smiled back and for once he felt a little at ease.
Maybe it will be alright... Keith thought.
Maybe I don't have to worry...
The two were calmed down.
They both left the red lion and went to see the strange inhabitants once again.
They stood and looked at the sky, while Keith reached down
"I wonder why we've never found this place. You think it's a moon or like, really really tiny?"
Lance asked Keith.
"The universe is no small place even with the lions so...it's not that surprising."
He chucked the small stone as far as he could-making sure to miss the creatures all around- and watched it bounce off the plateau and land in a little book filled with water, with a small thud.
"Hey wait I wanna try that!" Lance cried as he scrambled to find a good rock.
He grabbed one next to Keith and then stood up.
"Ha, watch how much farther this one is going to go."
Lance said as Keith just looked unimpressed.
The blue-armored paladin launches his rock into the air, and watched as it flew a graceful arc.
It landed about ten feet away; only half of how far Keith's had landed.
Keith laughed behind him as Lance's face grew red.
"You threw off my balance that's not cool! I'm trying again..."
He grumbled as he walked a little ways down the plateau and retrieved the small blue stone.
He spotted a small pool of water and looked inside it.
He had miscellaneous scratches most of which were now healed, but also saw he slightly blushed.
He thought nothing of it; as his eye was drawn to something from the sky above him.
A large object that was growing larger-and was now causing slight tremors in the ground.
Lance slowly turned his head around to look up and saw the black ship that was coming towards them.
"Keith!!" Lance yelled as he nearly tripped running up the plateau.
Keith stood and looked up at the sky.
He spotted the ship and ran to the edge of the plateau where Lance had almost gotten to the top.
He grabbed his hand and hauled him onto the plateau.
"Hey you could have pulled my arm off it's still stiff you maniac-"
"No time now Lance!" Keith said in an impatient voice as he tightly held onto Lance's hand and the two sprinted away towards the lion.
They reached red who was already growling and ready to deal with the problem at hand.
"Lance look." Keith pointed out as he saw the ship gradually stop somewhere above the atmosphere.
The ship then...split.
"Oh Quiznack." Lance said.
The smaller ship began to descend farther away from the larger one as the larger one extended its cannons.
"Lance, fly red up there and deal with that ship."
Lance looked at him skeptically.
"But what about you?" Lance asked, panic seeping into his voice.
"These things that helped us need something to protect them from whatever is in that ship. I've seen those while with the blade they have no weapons and are used to expend a small number of Galra soldiers.
They'll kill every one of these creatures or cake here to experiment on them... I won't let that happen."
"But you'll be alone, and what can you do against them?"
Keith unsheathed his blade. "This will help me."
"But your only one person, you can't hold them all off, it's a suicide mission-"
"I've been with the blade awhile, I know how to fend people off-"
"But I haven't seen you for months how will I know you'll be fine."
Keith looked directly at Lance.
"Trust me."
Lance sighed and after a long pause. "Fine. Just....don't die I guess."
Keith began to run towards the creatures
"Cool now stop wasting time we don't have much!"
He trailed off as he said the last part and gestures to the creatures where they needed to hide.
They had learned they lived in various caves throughout the various rock formations, and they couldn't speak but could understand basic gestures.
He told them (as best he could by pointing) they needs to hide or go to their homes.
The two larger ones sent the small ones away but stayed with a select number of other cat-dogs.
He waved his hands as if yo tell them they had to leave, but the largest one stepped up and stared right into his eyes.
This is our community, and we will keep them safe too.
He almost felt as if it told him that right in his mind, and then nodded to the others.
He tightened his grip on his dagger and pointed towards the ship which was hovering above a forest off spiting rocks.
"Towards that ship!"
The group began running off.