Secrets of the abandoned ship

"SHIT!"
Pidge cried out as she grabbed Hunk's arm and tore away towards the lions.
"What are those things?!" Hunk cried as he lunged into yellow's mouth and Pidge lunged into Green's.
"How should I know? They look bad and that's what matters!"
The two Paladins got their lions moving and took off, just as a mass of tangled flesh rolled onto the plateau.
"Hey Hunk why are we taking off??"
Matt sat up and called from nearby.
"Let's just say we have some unwanted company-"
Hunk was finishing his explanation when a large tentacle latched onto the front paw of the yellow lion.
With a disturbingly high amount of force the creature managed to yank the yellow lion down.
"THAAAAAT IS NOT GOOD." Hunk said as he thrashed the lion around trying to spring free.
"I'm on it!" Called Pidge from nearby, slicing the tentacle off in one swift motion.
The creature let out a sickening screech as a strange oil-colored blood sprayed everywhere; including all over the yellow lion's windows.
Yellow let out a growl of discomfort at being blinded temporarily as Hunk attempted to find a solution.
He first propelled himself far above the plateau so he was what he felt was a safe distance away.
"This is not goood what do I do..."
He was worriedly shifting the yellow lions controls while looking around for something to allow himself to see out the windows again.
He had an idea and turned on the intercom.
"Pidge! Fly up next to me, I can't see through Yellow's windows, you'll need to help me navigate!"
He awaited a response, and the longer he was waiting he was getting more and more anxious.
Finally, Matt spoke up.
"Has she been taken again? I swear if something happened!" He attempted to get up and get towards The pilots chair, while Hunk was waving him away.
"Matt no you're not in any shape to be up-"
"That's my sister down there And she could be in trouble-"
They were both cut off by a powerful blast that hit the yellow lion.
It spun a bit from the force of...water.
The front of the yellow lion was hit by water, enough to wash off most of the dark blood on the windows.
"I got you buddy!" Pidge said proudly through the intercom, her lion's image now seen through the now clean windows.
"You did it!" Hunk cried, and he turned to see Matt smiling through the windows at the green ship.
"I mean, yeah. 'Course I did." Pidge said.
The sound of another shrill scream tore through the air, as the grotesque creatures clawed at the air, trying to grab the lions that were high above them.
"What.....the hell are those things?" Pidge said when eyeing a look at the creatures.
Matt got a lot closer to the windows and looked down on the things below them.
They had armored shells that were in segments like a crustacean, but had tentacles protruding from under for climbing. Under that were Gnarled cloven hooves with curved talons; which were on four massive legs.
They had a short stubby tail; and their faces...
They had what appeared to be two massive yellow eyes and gaping mouths with plenty of teeth, but seemingly no structure to their faces.
It was something you wouldn't want to look at for very long, if you could look at them for any time at all.
"They appear to be crustaceans with tentacles but have the head of...I'm not sure what. Perhaps they live near a sea." Matt replied
"Well, they look like road kill armadillos with squid arms to me." Hunk said.
Matt nodded. "Yeah that too."
Pidge pitches in, "Well, we should get to that ship now. No telling what is lurking around. "
The other two stayed silent as they thought for a moment, exchanging some muffled words,until Hunk responded back,
"Sure thing."

The trio headed towards the ship wreck under the rapidly setting sun. It was almost completely dark; only the three moons providing light.
The only indication where the ship was was a thin pillar of smoke that rose high up the side of a rock pillar about a half a mile from the plateau the group left behind.
To be safe from the creatures following them, the green lion flew ahead while cloaked to see if the ship was near any more of those creatures.
Green came back shortly; the place was empty.
The ship itself was in bad condition; it held a severe dent on one side, and the other side had a massive gash torn through it.
It was a moderately sized ship, it was flat so it wasn't very tall; but made up for it in its length. It was a little larger than the green lion-or it was bigger.
Now it was a bit crumpled.
"Hunk, over here- that cave opening could fit the lions."
"Yeah..." Hunk replied.
They landed in the cave mouth, it was overlooking the plateau that had the ship on it.
Hunk got up from his pilots chair, Turing to see Matt sitting with Hunks pillow tucked under one arm.
His leg looked better but was still in no condition to be moving.
He looked considerably less pale, although it may have come at the expense of all of Hunks food stashes.
"Hey Matt, can you be our lookout?" Hunk asked.
"We need a pair of eyes and we can tell you what the inside of the ship is like."
Matt nodded, and Hunk helped him to the cockpit chair.
"Wow. This is the chair you sit in every day?It's so nice...."
Matt said as he slid down into it.
"Yeah yellow has a good chair- maybe the Alteans has sheep or something, anyway, I gotta go-take care Matt tell us over the cons of anything is wrong!"
Hunk kept out of yellows mouth and ran to join Pidge who was waiting already on the plateau.
"You ready?" Hunk asked the small paladin.
She glanced up at yellow who had raised up to his full height now; and spotted Matt waving madly and smiling from the widow of the cockpit.
"You may have to wrestle him for your lion back."
Pidge said.
"Eh, let him enjoy the time. Plus I'm yellows paladin he wouldn't just switch to another person right?"
He looked at Pidge for agreement but she only made a devious smile.
"Pidge, he would take me back, right?" He said again.
"I don't know.... ask yellow! I'm not your lion..." Pidge said as she walked towards the ship.
Hunk looked back at yellow and yelled up to him,
"Have fun but don't you dare replace me!"
He only got back a small growl of lion seeming impatient with him,
Stop talking to me and go, it seemed to say.
Hunk then hurried off to catch up to Pidge, glaring back at the massive ship behind him.
Pidge crawled into the gash down the side of the ship and had her bayard out for light; bringing her back to that uncomfortable time not too long past.
Hunk followed suit and the two quickly disappeared inside.