Chapter 1 *edited*

I am sitting in the police station watching as another kidnapper gets put behind bars thanks to me and my line of work. The kidnapper is glaring at me so I stick out my tongue at him. He only glares harder and tries to give me the finger.

That doesn't sit well with the police and he gets shoved into the cell. The police officer which had become my partner. His name is Sam. He is like an older brother to me and he knows it to. "Good work but next time don't let them get a single shot at you." Sam scolded me. 

"Well if I would have attacked them they would have shot me for sure. I only dodged the bullets." I say innocently. He won't get that I was never in real danger because his werewolf nose doesn't work that well apparently. "You shouldn't have had to dodge bullets. Your job is to find out were the kidnapper is and get out of there as fast as you can." Sam kept on scolding.

"It wasn't my fault. Things got complicated." I say with a huff and a pout. Sam glared at me. "You could have been killed. You know that right?" Sam asks me. I nod my head while rolling my eyes making sure that Sam didn't see me do it.

"Rose you better not have just rolled your eyes." Sam says. I look him in eyes. "I didn't and I am just fine so you can stop trying to find injuries on me because I don't have any." I say matter of factually. 

Sam narrows his eyes at me and grabs my arm. The one that I had been trying to hide from him. "Your not hurt huh? Then what is with the scratch on your arm? It doesn't look like nothing. We are going to the pack-police's private doctor." Sam said as his eyes turned black.

His wolf is taking control. Well this isn't good. If the doctor takes a blood sample from me he will know in an instant that I am not a normal human. "Sam it isn't as bad as it looks. It doesn't even hurt." I say.

"How did you get it?" His voice sounds a little deeper and a little more wild. "Well you see...A bullet... may have scratched me while I was... dodging them." I say looking at anything but him. He sighs and picks me up. I let him.

Sam takes me to the back of the police station where they have there own doctor. "Hey Doc. Rose got hurt again. Can you help her?" Sam said although it sounded more like an order. "Yup sure thing. Although we are going to have a talk if she just got another cat scratch." The Doc said.

"Hey it looked bad at the time and that cat might have had rabies." Sam said. Doc pats the bed motioning for me to sit down on it so he could take a look at my arm. He poked it and I had to stop the hiss that almost escaped me.

"Well good news and bad news. Bad news first. The bullet is still slightly lodged in your arm. Good news is that I can get it out without to much trouble." Doc said. Well this hopefully won't be to painful.

"Here take this. It should help with the pain." Doc said. I took the pill and turned my attention to Sam. He is breathing kinda hard. I smiled slightly trying to reassure him. Then Doc did something to my arm and the whole thing felt like it was on fire.

I winced and Sam growled. Then all the pressure on my arm suddenly left and the fire in my arm slowly went away. I sigh in relief and Sam comes over and looks me over. The Doc is putting a bandage on my arm.

"Sam I am fine." I say. No way is Sam going to allow me to walk home by myself. That means That I am going to have to wait until he gets off work in a few hours. "Yes I know that. I am also walking you home and if you are not here when I come and get you to go home then you are going to get handcuffed to me." Sam said. 

Well he isn't bluffing. "Fine but can I please have my bag back?" I ask him. He nods and hands it over. "Thank you. It is time to I sort through everything again. Want to help me?" I say. Now it is Sam's turn to wince. He helped me with that once before and it has scared him for life.