Chapter 8 *edited*

We continue on for the whole day. They stop at dark though which I found odd. They had wolves pulling the cart and they could see in the dark. Not as well as me but they could see well enough. 

My mate who I am going to be calling Camel Snot until I learn his real name. "Hey, Camel Snot why we stopping?" I yell out. The wolves start chuckling. Mate didn't find it amusing though. He comes over to me and says "Everyone needs sleep." He said and walked away.

They all set up camp and settled down to sleep leaving two people on guard. What made me mad though was the fact that they just left me and Thunder in the wagon defenseless. "Thunder do you think you can claw your ropes off? I will try to get mine as well." I say as I extend my claws and start cutting the ropes. "No I can't get my ropes. Can you get them?" He asked.

"Yes but hold still and warn me if the guards are coming this way." I say. A few minutes later I am free. Slowly and silently I reach over and start cutting away at Thunder's ropes. I was almost done when shouting started. 

Fast as I can I get back the way they had me and pretend to still be trapped. Turns out it wasn't us they where yelling at. Apparently a mountain lion was spotted stalking up to the guards and they chased it away. Some of the other wolves had woken up but most of them had slept right threw it.

My mate was one of the few who woke up and came to check on me. "Are you alright?" He asked with real concern in his eyes. "I am fine. Remember I am a cat. Just go away so I can get some sleep." I said laying my head down and closing my eyes.

I listen to him leave. Waiting for another half an hour was painful. Once the half hour was up and I am sure that they all were sleeping again I finished cutting the ropes. "Thunder the guards should be switching soon. We will make are get away then." I tell him. 

"Okay. Are we flying or running?" He asks me. I send him the feeling of running and he sends me his feeling of understanding. The guards are switching out and as soon as we are sure that the two that were last on guard were asleep we get up and silently get out of the cart. 

We then start slipping out into the woods when we run into the mountain lion. I shift and the mountain lion walks up to me. It's Alvaro. Suddenly howling starts up from where we had just been and the three of us take off into the woods. 

There is no way Alvaro can escape by running. That is going to be a major problem. Me and Thunder together might be able to carry him. We reach a meadow and up into the trees we go. I shift back to human form. 

"Alvaro you need to shift. Me and Thunder are going to have to carry you. Now here is the plan. Alvaro you stand in the meadow and me and Thunder will swoop down and grab you. With any luck the momentum will let us get high up in the sky before the wolves get here." I say.

Alvaro climbs down the tree and goes to the middle of the meadow. I shift back and me and Thunder climb into the sky. We then both dove together in perfect unison. The thing I didn't tell Alvaro is the fact that if this is timed wrong he could be pulled apart.

Well to late now. The wind is whipping by my face. We reach Alvaro and Thunder grabs his arm. I go under his other arm and we fly off. It is hard at first but it is getting easier. We fly for a ways before I feel like my wings are going to give out. 

"Thunder we have to land." I say. My wings are not strong enough to carry a human and if they fail at this height...NO can't think like that. Me and Thunder start heading down and Alvaro looks up at me. 

"What are you doing? There is no where to land and the wolves are right under us!" Alvaro nearly yells. I look down at him and he can see the pain in my eyes. His face softens and he nods. We fly low to the trees and me and Thunder drop Alvaro. He lands with a little bit of crashing but he is fast enough to escape with the head start we gave him.

Me and Thunder split up and Thunder fly's as fast as he can. I fly low and land in the top of a tree. I then shift and try to continue running but my strength fails me once again and I have to sit on the branch.

Staying as still as I can I listen as the wolves come closer. There is no way I can out run them now. All I can do is hide and hope they don't find me. My mate runs under the tree I am in and pauses. 

Sucking in a breath and hoping that he doesn't look up I hold completely still. Luck is not on my side as my mate looks up at me. He shifts back to human. "Come down little mate. We already caught your friend." He said.

Oh no. I look down and see that is would be a clear fall if I fell. He did ask me to come down. I lean forward a bit and let my body fall off the branch. The wind rushes past me and I can't even get my body to move to a landing position. 

Suddenly I feel arms around me and I find I am being held bridle style. Slowly I look up and find that my mate had caught me. "Don't. You. EVER. DO. THAT. AGAIN!" He says slowly. Nodding I just lean into him and let my eyes drift shut.

I remain conscious for a few more minutes but the movement of his walking soon has me sleeping heavily in his arms. I really hope that Thunder managed to get away and that my mate was lying about having already caught Alvaro.

A/N

Word Count: 1082

So I almost slipped up and said her mates name. That would have ruined the surprise of it. Well I caught it so everything is still good. Hope you all have a good day!!!!!!!