Chapter 12

Quick A/N

This chapter is dedicated to loluknowme. They are the first to vote on every chapter. So big thanks to you!

Chapter 12:

The wagon bounces up and down. "We need to work on your new name." Alvaro mind-links me. Thunder sends his agreement through the link. I only stare out the side of the covered wagon.  If we show any sign of the mental conversation we are having it would give us all away. 

"Do either of you have any ideas on a name?" I ask them. I have no idea on a name. "I do. I think you will like it." Thunder said excitedly. "Well what is it?" I asked him. Alvaro sends his amusement through the link and I send the feeling of rolling my eyes back at him. 

"Well I was thinking your name could be Rea Karma." Thunder said. Rea Karma is definitely an odd name but I like it. "Yes that should do. I guess my name is Rea now." I say smiling. Rea is an unusual name and won't be mistaken for another. 

The rest of the ride we just chatted and made sure Thunder would be able to hide easily from everyone. A whisper caught my attention. It came from a human girl. "Mommy look over there!" She whispered pointing in the area Thunder is in. I hold my breath. 

Trying to not make it obvious that I am watching them carefully. My hand wanders to where the hilt of my sword should be but then I remember that the wolves took my sword. At the thought of the wolves my heart gave a pang. 

My mate. He is out there trying to find me. "Keep thinking like that and we all are done for." Thunder warns me through our Dragon and Rider link. I steal myself and bury the feeling deep. "Don't worry Thunder. I have a duty to protect you. You will always come first." I tell him. Then I block all the links and then open my mate link.

"My mate. Don't search for me. I am afraid I will have to reject you. I am so sorry but it is for the best. I am a cat and a rider. Being mated to me will only risk your life and the lives of every member in your pack. I can't do that to you. So goodbye my mate." I send through the link. 

"No! I refuse your rejection. You are my mate and my only mate!" He said sorrow and anger leaking through his voice. "Don't come looking for me. Your second chance mate will serve you better than I ever will. " I say and cut the link. Then I open up the other links I have with Thunder and Alvaro. 

"I just rejected my mate but the link is still there," I tell them. Pain is flaring threw my chest. I guess my mate didn't accept the rejection. So he is still coming after me. I will have to stop him. "You rejected him but he didn't reject you. So he is still coming." Alvaro said

The wagon hits a large bump and I fly into Alvaro. He catches me. Other people have fallen onto the floor and into each other. Once I am upright I look at Alvaro. "Thanks for the save," I say out loud with a laugh. 

Some people are shouting at the driver and other's like us laugh it off. All conversations drop as we reach the next town though. This is our stop. Me and Alvaro hop out and accidentally bump into a lot of people to hide our scent. 

We get yelled at a few times but that is it. Once we are out on the other side of town we just slip right into the woods. There the woods I grew up in. Playing chase with the other kids and then after I shifted hunting down traitors and those who escaped. I focused on the good memories. 

Thunder can sense my unease and I can feel him make a mental note to ask me later when Alvaro isn't around. Mental conversations may hide what is said but it doesn't hide that we were talking. 

Sniffing the air I can smell a patrol coming along to check the boarder. We are right outside it. I let out a welcoming I'm here kinda roar. A few seconds later I hear one back and Alvaro is looking at me wide eyes. I give him a questioning look. 

"It's not like we can just waltz right in. We are Loners. Just as bad if not worse reputation then the werewolves rogues." I tell him. He shakes his head at me. "You'd know the best way to get accepted into this pack." He said. To bad my real reason for coming here isn't getting accepted anymore. 

I thought I could handle coming back but already the memories are overwhelming. "Rea if you don't calm down things won't go well. I'm here and watching. You need me I will be there in seconds." Thunder tells me in our mind link. The thought of that was comforting. 

"Thank you Thunder. That helped we are only going to see is we can stay here long enough that the pack can't find us. Then be on our way." I said. Alvaro is looking at me suspiciously. He doesn't question me as there were five werecats heading our way. 

The leader is the Beta's son. We were close friends when we were young but once I shifted everything had changed. He stalks forward. I stay perfectly calm as I bow showing I don't mean any harm. "I am Rea and this is Alvaro. We are Children of the Loners and there is a werewolf pack after us. All we ask if for a few days of safety and rest and we will be on our way again." I say calmly. 

Peeking at Alvaro I see he is following my lead of bowing. Orion the name of the Beta's son considers everything I had said carefully. "My name is Orion. Son of Beta Ross. I will take you two to Alpha Stormwind. He will decide if what you want is allowed or not." Orion said. 

I nod and straighten when Orion goes to walk away. He makes quick motions and like the assassins my birth pride is trained to be they follow the orders quickly. Three of the other four disappear to finish the patrol. The other ones goes behind us so that Orion is leading and the one behind is watching our movements carefully. 

I don't know who is behind us. The only reason I knew it was Orion was because of the aurora he emits. When Orion takes off running I know right away what he was up to. I take off at the same pace and Alvaro follows. We can't mind link or it will be taken as a threat. 

Orion runs at a swift pace for a while. He is checking to see how strong our bodies are and the higher your rank of blood the better you are. I start to slow and sweat at about the time a Gamma would. Alvaro had caught on and went another few minutes then started.

A few minutes later I pretend to collapse. The one behind us had fallen behind and took to the trees which is easier then running. He jumps down. "The male may have had a Beta in his bloodline a generation or so ago but the female is pure Gamma bloodline." He said. 

Orion nods not surprised. "They both have strong auroras I'm surprised the female is not of higher rank though." He said thoughtfully. If he catches on we are doomed. He shrugs his shoulders. "Guess I estimated wrong." He says. We start walking towards the pack house and closer to the father that abandoned me. 

A/N

Sorry for the long wait. The next chapter is finally done. I have had some hectic things going on in my life outside of writing.