Chapter 10 *edited*

Me and Thunder flew as far from my crazy mate as we could. You know things most likely wouldn't have happened this way if he hadn't tried to kidnap me. "Thunder we have to find Alvaro. He is no longer safe as I am sure the wolves will be hunting him to get back at me." I tell Thunder sending a long a bit of my worry.

All Thunder does is send me his understanding and that he is tracking something. I am pretty sure he is tracking Alvaro but then again I could very well be wrong. We continue to fly until well into the night. 

My wings are getting sore and I can tell Thunder isn't fairing much better. If anything he is doing worse as he is taking the headwind so I could go on farther. "We should have used the Jet Streams" I mumble to myself. 

"No because then I wouldn't be able to track what I am tracking from all the way up there. Plus it is dangerous." Thunder told me. I only roll my eyes but I understand what he is coming from. His mother used them all the time and she taught me how to use them just in case. 

"I know how to use them and if we need to make another get away we are using them." I tell him. He sends me his agreement. Finally after about another hour of flying we go down to land. The trees are to thick for us to find a safe place to land so I gave Thunder a crash course on how to land in a tree.

Slowly I land and then turn on the branch I perched on to watch Thunder land. He hovers for a moment and suddenly he tucks his wings. To fast Thunder to fast! He crashes into the tree that he had picked and falls to the floor. 

As fast as I can I tuck my wings tight against my back and leaped down to Thunder as fast as I could. Finding him he seems fine. He is checking everything but he looks alright. "Are you all right?" I ask him with some panic in my voice.

"I am fine. Just a few bruises. Tucked my wings in to far..." He mumbled the last part to himself. I sigh in relief. Looking around we find that we are all alone. All the creatures left from Thunder's startling fall. 

"Well guess we won't be hunting thanks to someone." I say with some humor in my voice. Thunder pushes me over using his shoulder. I growl and tackle him. He lets out a yip of surprise and falls to the ground. 

Me and Thunder wrestle for a few more minutes. Then we both heard a twig snap and someone curse. Thunder lets out a low growl at the bushes and I stalk around to the other side. Me and Thunder now have the person surrounded. 

Slowly as I can I stalk towards the bush. I really don't feel like getting kidnapped or having some random person know where me and Thunder are. They could go blab to everyone around town about the winged leopard and the dragon playing together. That will draw attention for sure.

The person is looking around as they stare at Thunder. They are looking for me. There hand twitches towards the sword at there belt. Not happening while there is still air coming in and out of my lungs. 

I don't hesitate at all to pounce on the person. They fall to the ground as I pin them. Thunder comes and stands beside me and puffs up his chest like he is about to breath fire. Looking the person in the eye I nuzzle him and start to purr.

"Thanks for tackling me. Just what I needed." Alvaro grumbles. All I did was flop down on him. He grumbles something about me being heavy and I stop purring and narrow my eyes at him. Alvaro only gulps. 

"Rose I didn't mean it like that. You are just so big in this form. Now can we get going before the wolves who were following me come this way?" Alvaro said. I nod and got off him and Thunder flicked him with the tip of his tail. 

"I just made an open mind-link between you, me, and Thunder." I told Alvaro and Thunder through the link. Alvaro nods and Thunder growls his dislike. "We are heading to the next town over once we reach it we are going to go with a very large group to a different town. It should hide our scent from the wolves." I tell them.

Alvaro nods and cracks a smile. "So we will be traveling together? Oh and I found an interesting bit of info for you Rosy." He said as he shifts. Thunder let out a growl at the nickname and I let out a low warning growl.

"Don't call me Rosy and what is it you have to tell me?" I asked him. Thunder sent his disapproval of Alvaro through the link and Alvaro started walking. We were walking in a line through the woods with Thunder in between me and Alvaro.

"Fine Rose. I hear you can shift without the wings. It is a protection thing for any winged cat. You just didn't have anyone to teach this to you." Alvaro said. Me and Thunder were slightly shocked although I suspected I could do something like that for a while and that was why no one could find the winged cats.

That is a trick I am going to half to work on. Leopards are common around here mainly due to the pride that lives around here. The Skyhigh Pride to be exact. My old pride the one that I am suppose to be the heir to. If I could make it so my wings didn't show then I could be allowed back into the pack. Not as the alpha but as a warrior.

"Thank you. That information is going to be a great help and new change in plans. We are going to the Pride that lives around here." I said. Thunder stops walking and Alvaro nearly falls on his face. "We are not going to that pride. Think what they would do to you? Not even the cats like there winged cat brethren." Alvaro said.

I already knew how that Pride handled cats like me. Me being the Alpha's only child is what saved me. My pride would have forced me to fight there battles and then killed me soon after. They had made me fight but I knew what had been coming so I ran. The first chance I had gotten I had ran.

"We are going and that is final. Rose won't change her mind but we will have to change her name. Can't have anyone recognize her." Thunder said. Alvaro sighed and nodded from the front of the group. Thunder has planted himself firmly between us two and is acting like an overprotective older brother.

A/N

Word Count: 1182

That is the next chapter. So there it is. I have such big plans for the next chapter. (Cue evil laugh) or I might not. Only I know for now.