Chapter 5 *edited*

With a sigh I take Thunder off my shoulder and put him by a tree. He makes his way up to the very top of the tree after some coxing on my part. Shifting I run to where Sam is fighting for his life. 

A rogue is coming up behind him and he doesn't see it. I do though and I jump on it as it leaps at my brother. With one swift hit I end it and move on to guarding my brother's back. We continue to fight and I hear growling all around.

Suddenly though there is a howl of pain and it strikes fear into my heart. I look around and see the Alpha'a son backed into a corner. I don't know what happened but something inside me snapped. Seeing him in danger just didn't fly with me.

I take off and attack the nearest one with strength that I didn't know I had. The first rogue went down and he is now fighting along side me. We are the perfect team. Some how Sam made his way over and the three of us are taking down more rogues than anyone else.

Making a quick glance at Thunder to make sure he is safe and waiting at the top of the tree I continue to fight until the rogues start retreating. Then I take to the air and fly to where Thunder is waiting. I hover right below him and he jumps on my back.

Once I knew for sure that Thunder was ready for top speeds I fly off as fast as I can. There is no way I can go back to the town I grew up in so I head for the next town over. It is half way up the mountains and is known to have kidnappers here and there.

I land and shift back to human. Emptying out my pockets I find that I should have enough money to get a new bag. "Thunder climb that tree over there by the edge of town. I am going to get a backpack. I will be right back." I said calmly. 

Thunder squeaked his understanding. He then clambered to the top of the tree as fast as he could. Well I taught him well. I walk into town as if I was only coming to town to see a relative. I then walk to the store and buy a backpack that was super big.

Walking back out of the small mountain town I see the police station. Making a fast detour I walk into the police station. A few officers raise an eyebrow but say nothing. I walk right to the head's office and knock. 

A quiet 'come in' is called out and I walk right in. The Head of Police is really a small boy. He would most likely be just a bit older than me and he looks very fragile. "Are you the Head of Police?" I ask uncertain.

"Yes I am. This position is passed down from father to son in this town." The boy said. I nod. Quickly I take a sniff of the air and sort through scents. Werecats. Well I should be safe here than. "Well I was wondering if you needed bait for kidnappers? You see I just moved into the area and that was my job in my last town." I said.

The boy thinks it over. "There have been more kidnappings lately. Sure you got the job." The kid said. He then continued. "Well my name is Jason. I am going to need to assign you a partner. Well I think Alvaro doesn't have a partner at the moment. Be warned though he likes to work solo and has gotten his last partners to want to get re-assigned." Jason said.

Well a boy who wants to work solo works for me. "That will be just fine. I also prefer to work solo but I need a partner I can rely on in this kind of work." I said. The guy nods and hands me a few papers to sign. I sign them and head out on my way.

Walking out into the woods I put a few pine cones in my bag as I find them. I finally make my way to the tree that Thunder is in. He climbs down and runs to me. I smile and catch him as he jumps at me. 

I set him down and then put my bag on the ground. Thunder climbs in and I find that he is small enough to fit in it for a few weeks. It will have to do until he is full grown. "Thunder it is time for you to have a flying lesson. You need to be able to fly. It really helps in a get away." I said.

Thunder climbs back out of the bag as I shift. Once shifted I open my wings. Thunder follows my lead and opens his. Gently I push my wings down with a mighty flap and am air born. Hovering I wait for Thunder to take to the air also.It takes him a few tries to remain air born but he gets it. 

We practice for a few more hours and then he is good enough at flying to dodge trees and anything else while getting out of the trees and into the open sky. Thunder is tired out and so I let him ride on my back as I look for a cave to sleep in for the night.

I find one high up in the mountains. The entrance is in a cliff about half way up with no ledge. It would be hard for anything that can't fly to get here. It is large enough for a full grown dragon not that they couldn't chisel away rock.

Landing right inside the cave I find that it has three tunnels. Sniffing the air to make sure that it is deserted I continue on. All the tunnels lead to rooms that are fairly large. The main cave is as big as all three of them combined though.

This will make a nice home once I get some things in here and a door to keep out some of the wind. I shift back and set Thunder down. I shift back into my cat and curl around him to keep him warm. I fell into a deep sleep for the first time in ages.

Kyle's POV: (right before the fighting started in the pack)

My father is about to attack my mate. I shift and crash into him mid-leap. We then start to circle each other. After a few hits my mate yelled at us that there were enemies in the trees. Me and my father stopped and turned are attention there.

My father took control immediately. "Elders, women, and children to the safe houses. Warriors and anyone able of fighting with me." My father yelled over the pack link. Everyone got in a fighting stance and I keep an eye on my mate.

I can't believe that she is a winged cat. She is making that dragonet go into the tree and she has shifted to help us fight. She will make a good Luna. The fighting starts and rogues are coming at me from everywhere. 

They have me backed into a corner. I might be an alpha but not even an alpha can take on this many at once. Suddenly my mate is just there defending me. She takes out a few and I jump into the mix. 

Soon me, my mate, and Sam are fighting side be side. Then the rogues start to retreat. I glance at my mate only to not find her there. I search around and find that my mate is flying by the tree that the dragonet is hiding in.

She hovers for a moment and the dragonet jumps on her back and she fly's away. I try to follow her but my dad is there pinning me down. I am so getting yelled at for sure this time. I shift and wiggle out from under him.

"Dad whoever that girl is. She is my mate and I am going to find her and bring her back." I said matter of factually. My dad sighs and nods and with that I take off into the forest to find my lost mate.

A/N

Word Count: 1390

Well there's another chapter. Don't have anything to say at the moment. Wonder whats going to happen.