Chapter 2 *edited*

I went a ways into the woods. These woods are the woods I have grown up in and I know every tree in them and this isn't a small forest. Making it to my special hidden clearing I start to shift. A small giggle gets past my lips as the pleasant feeling of shifting comes over me.

After the shift I open my wings and stretch. Now some people might be asking what is she? Well I am a Winged Snow Leopard.  Yes I am a legendary creature. There are only around five in the whole world at once. That is if you are lucky. My whole family are just normal Snow Leopards

I flap my wings and take to the air. I swoop through the sky. The wind is flying through my fur. After risking a few moments above the trees I go back beneath them and around the meadow. Staying above the trees for too long can prove dangerous for me.

There are hunters around and they would do almost anything to find me and capture me. Alive would be better for them but they don't care if I am alive or dead. After flying a few more laps around the meadow, I start to do aerial maneuvers.

After a while I hear something call out in distress. I land and let out a snarl. Running through the woods is going to take to much time but I can't fly through the section of trees that the sound is coming from.

Rarely if ever had I been in this part of the forest. Werewolves are here often though and I can't fly out of here. After another few seconds I find what had been making the distress calls. It is a baby dragon.

There are werewolves surrounding it and trying to attack it. It's mother lays dead on the far side of the meadow. I jump out of the trees with a battle cry. I only had to claw down one wolf to reach the dragonet. 

I open my wings and roar. The wolves are all warriors and I would be an Alpha werecat if they hadn't cast me out. The wolves tuck there tails and back off. Some of there eyes glaze over and I know I am in trouble. 

If an Alpha werewolf comes I am so screwed. I have yet to reach my full potential and an alpha would be able to take me down. With a quick glance down at the dragonet to make sure it is OK I grab it by it's scruff.

There is an opening in the trees in the middle of the clearing. If I can get up a tree I should be able to get out of here. The wolves are mostly distracted so with a wing assisted hop I make it half way up the nearest tree. I climb as high up the tree as I can get.

Once I am up as high as I can get I open my wings and prepare to jump up and out of the trees. After a quick glance down at the wolves which are jumping and trying to stop me, I jump and fly out of the canopy.

This is a sad day for me. This dragonet's mother was one of my best friends. Sure I didn't know where her nest was but she didn't know where I lived either. Well I need to get this little one to a safe place and fast. 

Dragonet's shouldn't even be moved for the first few days and this dragonet was only hours old. There is a cave in the middle of my territory. I turn and fly as low over the trees as I dare. We should reach it in a few minutes.

Flying isn't as fun as it had been before. Now all I wanted to do was get on the ground and start building this dragonet a nest. Once I manage to get to the cave I gently set the dragonet down. I hear it give out a whimper. My heart goes out to it.

Quickly as I can I get everything I need to build a nest. Just as it's mother showed me all those years ago. Once I get back to the cave I find the dragonet calling for it's mother. As fast as I can I get the nest put together.

Gently as I can I nudge the dragonet into the nest. It's eyes still haven't opened. I really hope that it doesn't imprint on me. Imprinting is when a dragon opens it eyes for the first time. The first living thing it sees is what it thinks is it's parent. 

I shift back into my human and hold the dragonet close as I lay in the nest with it. Man I am going to be have to be getting back soon. It is almost midnight. Well I can't leave the dragonet here. I am going to have to bring it home.

I shift again and grab the dragonet by it's scruff once again. Then I take off and am flying between the trees. There is no way that I would be able to risk flying above the trees again. Finally I make it to the edge of the forest. I shift back and have the dragonet in my arms.

Making a made dash to my house with a little bit faster than the normal human can run I make it in a matter of moments. Getting to the tree that is right next to my room I hug the dragonet close to me and hold it there with one hand. Then I climb up the tree to my window.

It is still slightly ajar so I lean as far of the branch as I dare with the dragonet and open my window. The window makes a soft bang when it is fully open. I curse under my breath and hope that Sam still isn't back from his run.

Then I lean back on my heels on the branch. Bunching up my muscles I jump and make a soft thud as I rolled through the window. A few seconds later my door bangs open and there is Sam staring at me with wide eyes.

His eyes go from me to the dragonet in my arms. His eyes turn colors and he suddenly shifts with an enraged growl. With out thinking or any hesitation I shift and stand protectively over my fragile bundle.

A/N

Word Count: 1081

So there is the next chapter. I wonder what is going to happen? I do know but I am not going to be spoiling it for anyone.