Chapter 6 *edited*

Roses POV (few days later)

Everything is going pretty smoothly as I walk down the dark streets of town. Thunder is following me from the roof tops. The guy is following me and I act like I don't know he is there. Soon I turn down a dark alley that during the day is a short cut for most people in town.

Suddenly a seconds guy has me 'pinned'. I struggle slightly and then the first guy shows up. I see Alvaro watching and he smiles and shakes his head at me. "What do we have here? You will make a fine addition to our collection." The guy said.

Shivers go up my back. A sliver of movement behind the first guy catches my eye but I don't look at it. If I did that would give Thunder away. Alvaro doesn't even know about Thunder. "Thunder no I will be fine." I tell him through our mind link.

He backs off and goes back into the shadows. Him being black really helps us hide him. The men have put a blind fold on me and are dragging somewhere. It is out of town I know that much. "Where are they taking me?" I ask Thunder. He sends me a mental picture.

There is an old shack in a meadow that is trodden. There is a horse stables off to the side and a creek on the other. Then there is a house right next to the shack. I send my thanks to Thunder and allow them to lead me where ever.

A few minutes later they have me in the shack with my arms tied behind my back and a rope that ties my arms to the wall. The blind fold comes off and I glance around. There are five other girls here.

The men leave without saying a word. "Does anyone know what is going to happen to us?" I ask everyone calmly. "They said we were going to be sold in two days time." The girl to my left said. I nod and take a deep breath.

Unsheathing the hidden dagger I cut the ropes holding me to the wall. Once free I pretend I am not. "Well I am here to save you but you all must be quiet." I said. They all nod and I walk around and cut all the ropes.

I sneak forward. Slowly I peak through a hole in the door. No one is there to guard us. "We are going to slip around the side farthest from the house and escape into the woods from the back. From there we go a ways and circle around and back into town." I say calmly.

Most of the girls are in shock but they nod and I open the door. They really should have locked it. I slip around the edge of the building with the girls hot on my heals. I make it around the corner and I wait as I hurry them along.

Once they all make it we slip into the woods. I keep walking with them staying silent. Once we could no longer see the edge of the woods we slip around the meadow. Walking is a little tough on one of the girls feet as she doesn't have any shoes like the rest of us.

She doesn't complain or show her pain so we keep going. A few minutes later we make it a little ways down the road. "Now stay inside the tree line." I said as I made no move to go for the road. "Why? It would be easier to walk on the road." One of the girls say. I shake my head.

"Yes, but it could also let someone coming down the road see you and you don't know if they are friend or foe. I will take you into town but then I need you all to stay at the police station there and tell them what happened." I said. "What are you going to do?" One of the girls asked.

"Well I need my swords back so I can go arrest those guys and I can't risk all of you at the moment." I said. They all nod and we keep walking. Soon the town is in view and we go to the police station. Alvaro finally shows himself to the group and the girls scream and run behind me.

"Alvaro I told you the last time not to do that. This is only the second mission we have had together and you just don't listen." I said with my hands on my hips. I get the girls in the station and retrieve my weapons.

"You ready yet? I could have been back there by now." Alvaro complains. He has pulled all sorts of stunts and he is the one that gets yelled at. "Yes and you wouldn't even know where to go if it wasn't for me." I said.

Alvaro is a werecat but I am not sure what kind yet. We start running back to the shack and find that the guys are only know finding that the girls are gone. We make quick work of them and wait as the wagon is rolling into the yard.

"Took you long enough." Alvaro said. Man is he grumpy. "Yeah well that road has more holes than cheese." Jack said. Well time for me to head home. "Well my work is done time for me to call it a day." I said.

Alvaro looks at me and nods and I go on my way. I whistle lowly and Thunder lands beside me. He is now as big as a dog. I forgot how fast he is going to grow for the next few weeks. It has already been five days. 

Making sure that Alvaro isn't close enough to see me I shift and take off with Thunder hot on my heals. I pull up and sly above Thunder as he blocks my from sight from the ground. We have like that for a few minutes and Alvaro walks into the clearing. He stops where I took off and frowns. 

He has been trying to find where I live since we became partners. He shakes his head and tries to catch the scent again. He keeps trying to find to my secrets that he shouldn't know. Me and Thunder watch for a few more minutes until he gives up and head in a different direction.

We head for home which now has a large piece of wood blocking the entrance a little ways into the tunnel. I used pine sap to stick rocks to the wood so that it blends in. We fly into the opening and land. I open the door and allow Thunder to walk in before me.

After I am in and have the door closed. I let my werecat sight take over so I can see. I haven't bothered to get torches for in here as it would be pointless. Thunder has his own cave, I have my own cave, there is a guest cave, and then the main cave for everything else.

It has been a long day and so I go into Thunder's room and shift. I then lay down in the nest and curl around him. He looks at me and puts his head back down. He is pretty content and that is how we fall asleep after that long day.

A/N

Word Count: 1222

Didn't even have to rearrange the words to get that word count. So there is another amazing chapter. Hope some people like my story.