Chapter 9 *edited*

When I wake up again it is to the cart being bounced around. I groan from the pain my body is in. I think I might have broken something. A rib maybe. My werecat healing should have it healed in no time. About an hour I think.

The bouncing of the cart isn't helping me though. I glance around the cart. Alvaro is here but with a satisfied feeling I notice Thunder is not. My hands are tied even tighter then they had been last time.

Sighing I grow my claws out on my feet. I then saw the rope off my hands and then I cut the rope off my feet. Now I am free. Alvaro is awake and doing the same thing as me. With eye signals I motion for him to shift and run.

He motions back no. I tell him yes and he gives in after a few minutes if only to not get us found out. He shifts and jumps off the side of the cart I shift and cry out with pain. Alvaro made it into the woods and up a tree. With any luck this will give him a good enough head start. 

Stumbling out of the cart did no favors to my injured side. The werewolves could sense I was injured and they surrounded me all in human form. My mate walks up. "Again? You are hurt and need to stop doing this." He said shaking his head.

I collapse onto my side. "I need some to go after that guy and the rest to help me tend to my mate." I shift with another cry of pain and stand. I then hold my hands up and Thunder swoops down and grabs my arms. 

My mate yells and jumps try to grab me but I pull my feet up. Thunder is having trouble with me in his talons but it is working so far. I am a lot lighter then Alvaro. We keep flying and the voices of the werewolves soon die away. 

"Thunder land. We need to wait for my rib to heal. Oh and speaking of that do you have any idea how I might have gotten a broken rib?" I asked him. He ducked his head and looked away from me and for a place to land.

"Well I may have tried to get you while you were sleeping and they grabbed you. You may have hit the ground and I heard a snap. I had to fly away by that time or they would have caught me." Thunder said through the mind link.  Well that explains a few things. 

A few minutes of silence and Thunder dips down toward the land. He lands in a very small meadow in the middle of the forest. There is a giant tree in the middle of the meadow and it has a hole in the side. Big enough for us both to fit through. That is pretty lucky.

Thunder crawled in first while I just sat on the ground. My side felt like it was on fire. I won't be able to walk for a good couple of hours. Not even with my alpha werecat healing will I be good to fight for at least two hours.

Thunder comes back and helps me to my feet. Then with a bit of trouble we make it to the tree. Thunder carefully put me as far back as he could then he laid down in front of the entrance. His wound was completely healed. 

My side hurt so bad. My conscious just drifts off and I soon find myself drifting off into unconsciousness. The last thing I see and hear is Thunder growling lowly at something outside the safety of the tree.

***Couple hours later***

I wake with a start. Any pain that had been in my side was now gone. I felt one hundred percent better. Sitting up I find that Thunder is still staring intently out the opening of the tree. "What is going on?" I ask him.

He sends me back a mental picture of the outside. There are werewolves out there watching us. One tries to approach but has to jump back as Thunder shoots fire at him. Since when can he shoot fire out of his mouth?

Sending my feeling of puzzlement to him he only sends his amusement back to me. Guessing he only recently was able to do that. I do a quick check to make sure I am all better. Finding that I am a smirk makes its way onto my face.

Looking up and finding that the tree is hallow all the way up makes my day. "Thunder I am going to climb up and see if there is a way out from the top." I tell him. "Please hurry. I am getting exhausted." Thunder replies. I nod and am a little surprised that he used words instead of feelings to communicate. 

Crawling up the tree as fast as I can I search for a hole that will fit Thunder through as well as me. There isn't one. There is a hole that I could make it through but Thunder would never fit. This isn't a problem though.

"Thunder here is the plan. I am going to slip out this opening that I found and shift. Then I want you to stand up and slowly crawl out of the entrance like you are going to surrender. Right as they start moving take to the sky. I will be hot on your tail." I tell Thunder.

He sends his understanding to me as I slip out and onto the tree branch. I shift as quick as anyone ever has shifted. Pretty sure somehow I broke the record. I raise my wings and look below me.

Thunder is slowly going out of the entrance. Wolves growl a low warning and then start stalking towards him. With a sudden burst of energy Thunder leaps up into the sky. Once he pasts my tree branch I leap up and follow him.

With a yowl of victory me and Thunder soar through the sky. "Thunder where are we going?" I ask him. He only lets out a roar and keeps flying. So I am following my dragon blind to a new place to try and get away from my self proclaimed, crazy mate. A small part of me is sad that my so called mate is getting left behind but I can't turn back. I need to take care of my baby. Never and I mean never can I let anyone harm Thunder the way his mother was killed in front of him.

A/N

Word Count: 1105

So this is the next chapter. I wrote it out of the blue so I hope that everyone is having a wonderful day and if not then I truly hope that my book has brightened your day. One more thing. This chapter was a pain to right as I kept on hitting the wrong buttons and spelling things wrong.