Chapter 11 *edited*

We are walking the whole way there. Just because me and Thunder can't carry Alvaro for very long and none of us want to risk falling out of the sky or being spotted. So guess what I get to do while we continue walking along. 

I work on making it so I don't have my wings visible while I am in leopard form. It is a lot harder then I would have thought. That is until I got the hang of it. The first time I did it it hurt like no tomorrow. The second time it tickled me until I had to put them back out.

Now I am on the third try. I pull my wings close and allow them to sink into my back for a moment nothing happens. Then with a gasp I realized. I figured it out. After a few seconds I get my wings back out. 

Jumping ahead of Thunder and Alvaro I show them my newest trick like a little child. Alvaro who is still in human form looks surprised. Thunder just shoved Alvaro over and goes between us. So in a separate mind-link I ask Thunder. "What is your deal?" I ask him in a not mean voice but curious. He sends me the feeling of mistrust and that he thinks Alvaro is hiding something.

Thunder tugs on my tail with his teeth. I stop and turn. Alvaro is curious. I turn my head to the side and look at my dragon. "Rose there is something I need to tell you." Thunder says. I look at Alvaro and signal him to stay put. Then I follow Thunder. We stop a shirt distance away. He looks at me and I look at him. "What do you need to tell me?" I ask him.

He takes a deep breath. "I think you are my rider. It would explain why we have such a strong connection between us. There is one way to find out. If we are not destined it won't hurt you." Thunder tells me.

I nod. "Do it" I tell him. He motions for me to shift and I do. He then grabs my left hand which is my dominant hand. He then carefully pokes my palm with his sharp claw. Once there is a small pool of my blood on my hand he does the same to himself. 

We put our hands together so our blood mixed and then he breath fire on our hands at the same time.Slowly the blood disappears and where it had been is a mark. My mark and Thunder's are the same. It is a flame coming from a dragon's mouth.

"So we are rider and dragon." I said calmly. "It appears so. Now Rose you need a new name. It will be your rider name so choose wisely." Thunder tells me I nod.

We head back to where Alvaro is waiting for us. "What is going on?" he asks us. "Nothing don't worry. We just needed to decide how to hide Thunder." I lie. For some reason I don't want him to know.

We continue to walk. The town is still a ways away. My so called mate is far away and my heart pangs. I can't go back now. He will capture us and do who knows what to Thunder. We continue on when a thought hit me. "Alvaro do you know how to half shift? Not bring out your claws but actually half shift?" I ask him. He stops and looks at me. He seems to think it over.

"I do. Be warned you can't hide your wings in a half shift if they appear at all. It also hurts bad like a first shift the first two times you do it." He says slowly and carefully. I nod. I have tried a half shift before but only the strongest shifters can do it. "Teach me how." I say calmly. Pain is something I can deal with. Alvaro nods and then goes into a half shift.

I gasp in surprise and stumble back into Thunder. Alvaro looks panicked and goes straight back to his human form but it was to late. We had already seen."Why didn't you tell me?" I ask him with pain in my voice. "Rose you have to understand how would I have told you?" He asks in a worried voice. I nod. The surprise finally wore off.

"So teach me how to half shift." I command. He nods and smiles. We stop at a small clearing that the trail goes through. "All you have to really do is think about staying on two legs but looking like your animal." He says as he half shifts. His golden wings trailing behind him.

I do as he says and pain explodes through my body. Just like shifting for the first time. I cry out and Thunder growls and stands over my fallen body in a protective stance. This continues for a few minutes and then the pain is gone.

"Move it you big lug." I groan as I try and shove Thunder off of me. He moved with a happy growl. My ears swivel and fur covers my entire body but my clothes are still on. My eyesight is a lot sharper now to. 

My long hair is also gone. I can feel my wings behind me. Alvaro looks at me and nods. "You are now in a form that humans call Animal Cursed. We look just like them minus the wings." Alvaro said. I nod my understanding .

I shift back into human and pain explodes through my body. This time it isn't as bad and doesn't last long. Once I am human again I smile. That trick will come in handy."Okay we have wasted enough time. Now we fly. We would have been there by now if someone had told us a certain detail." I said pointedly at Alvaro .

He nods and we shift. Thunder leaps into the air and takes off. Me and Alvaro fly in his wake. We keep this up for half an hour. Then the town homes into view. We land in the forest outside of town.

The meadow we land in is small but gets the job done. Me and Alvaro shift to our human forms. "Thunder drill 2" I tell him. Thunder nods and takes to the tree tops. Me and Alvaro walk into town. I head to a shop.

There I get myself some black gloves that don't have fingers. I pull them on right away after I bought them. We then go to the Wagon Express Station. Me and Alvaro buy two tickets to Creek Meadow. My home town.

There is a big festival coming up there and lots of people are going so we blend right in. The wagon rolls up a few minutes later and the driver is a werecat. I walk up to him and whisper "Good Morrow." Which is a tradition if a werecat is going into another pride's land.

He nods his head and we climb into the back. We wait a few moments more until the Wagon is full and then we start to move on our way.

A/N

Word Count: 1202

That is the next chapter. Had writers block for a while. Do not worry her mate will be back. Thank you to anyone still reading my book.