Chapter 7 *edited*

The next morning I get up and stretch. I hear Thunder let out a growl of surprise. Checking to make sure he is OK I find that he has grown about another foot. Well good thing he knows how to hide pretty well. 

Shifting back into my human form I walk over to my bag and put it on. Time to go to work. I walk to the door at the mouth of the cave. Thunder is hot on my heals. I shift and take to the sky. Thunder is following me. 

We are flying through the trees when an arrow fly's past me and hits Thunder. Thunder lets out a roar of pain and lands. I land and guard him. The enemy is still close. I see a figure in the trees coming closer to us.

"Thunder we have to move now. You can do it." I say to him through the mind-link. He nods. He won't mind-link me because he knows that I will feel his pain. Thunder tries to stand but the arrow is lodged at the base of his wing and start of his leg.

He is limping along and I am supporting as much of his weight as possible. He is to big for me to carry now. Glancing back I see the figure getting closer. They are tracking us. We won't be able to out run him.

"Thunder I am going to spin around I want you to go against the side of the cliff. Put your bad side against it so you can somewhat defend yourself." I tell Thunder. He shifts his weight off me and limps to the cliff side. 

Making sure he got there I spin and growl lowly. I keep watching the figure move closer and closer. Soon I can see who it is and I can't believe my eyes. It is Alvaro. I knew he had been tracking us but I hadn't known he had this much skill.

Once Alvaro is in plain sight his face remains calm. I know what he had done. He had found out that there are werewolves trying to catch me and so he thought it would be a good way to get rid of me.

Alvaro takes another step and then another. He finally reaches 20 feet. That is just outside my strike zone. He slowly puts his bow down and raises his hands. He then kicks his bow away from him. I don't understand what he is getting at but I really need to tend to Thunder.

"Sorry about your friend but there were werewolves ahead of you. If I hadn't done something you would have been ambushed." Alvaro said. So he doesn't know it's me. I turn to Thunder and take a look at his wound. 

I am going to have to shift to take care of it. Thunder is shaking from pain and if I don't do something fast he is going to pass out. Turning back to Alvaro I found that he hadn't moved a muscle. We both know I am going to have to shift to help Thunder.

Alvaro seems amused by this development. He sits down and puts his head in his hands. He isn't going anywhere and with Thunder like this... I can't lose Thunder. I stalk towards him and his eyes go wide but he doesn't move. 

Well I can't mind-link him. Once I am face to face with with him I growl lowly and turn to take care of my baby. Shifting I hear Alvaro let out a surprised sound. I growl lowly at him in warning. He stands up and walks over but I get in a crouch and growl. 

My eyes are changing colors and my claws are extending. Alvaro puts his hands up and sits back down. I turn back to Thunder and keep working. Soon I have the arrow out and have stopped the bleeding.

Happy now that I knew for a fact that Thunder would recover I left him to rest there while I sat and glared at Alvaro. Every time Alvaro moved I would growl a warning and he would sit still again. 

"So did you know who I was until I shifted or was that just an added bonus?" I asked him with a deadly calm tone. "I didn't know it was you though I was trying to find out your secret. I knew you weren't a normal human." Alvaro said.

None of that is new information for me. "So how did you know about the werewolves?" I asked him. "I passed them on my way through the woods and I was heading in this direction to check out what someone had said about a cave in the cliff. I didn't know that you had made that cave your home." Alvaro said.

"Alright you should go. Tell the Chief that I am going to be a little late for work thanks to you." I said. Alvaro nodded and stood. He then ran off into the woods. I go back to Thunder's side. Making sure that I have addressed the wound right I settle down knowing that Thunder wouldn't be awake for a while yet.

Howling filled the area and I knew they had caught mine and Thunder's scents. This is spelling trouble for me. Alvaro you better not turn around. If he does he is going to get mixed up in this mess of mine.

A few minutes later wolves came into sight. The Alpha's son which I still don't know the name of is in the lead of the group. There are at least 10 wolves. They have created a semicircle around me and Thunder. 

Alpha's son shifts and starts walking towards me and Thunder. I growl lowly in warning but that is it. For some reason even the thought of extending my claws to claw him hurts my heart. "Rose calm down. I am going to bring you back home." He said.

No he is going to kidnap me. "No my home is here." I said. His eyes flashed. "No your home is with me. For you are my mate." He said. I am stunned. I stumble back and glance at Thunder. He is vulnerable and he needs me to defend him. Clearing my head I let out another growl.

The Alpha's son backs up and his eyes glaze over. He backs up and the wolves come forward. I shift and let out a battle cry. Some of the wolves hesitate seeing me like this but they continue forward.

The wolves all pounced at once but I fought them all as hard as I could. For a few seconds it seemed as though I would be able to beat them but then my mate jumped on me from behind. He had me pinned and I saw some werewolves putting Thunder in a cart that had pulled up at some point through the fight.

I struggled against my mate. There was a big problem though. I could feel my strength failing me. Another werewolf walked up with a rag. I knew what was on it. There was a drug. No I can't let them. Shifting back to my human form I am able to surprise them enough to take off running into the woods.

Once in I shift back into my other form I jump into the trees but fail. I end up falling onto the ground with a hard thud. The wolves are going to catch me no matter what so I pretend the fall knocked me out.

They came and I shifted back into my human form just as I would have had I truly would have been knocked out. I feel someone pick me up and from the sparks that shot through me I would say it was my mate.

He carries me back to the cart and lays me beside Thunder. Well at least they haven't separated us. I could feel him starting to stir though. "Thunder don't move yet. Pretend to be knocked out until I give the signal. Then we will burst out of the cart and into the air." I said to him. He didn't move after that.

"NOW" I yell in our minds. I spring up and leap into the air shifting mid leap. Thunder just takes off into the air. I am hot on his heals. That is until two wolves knock us right out of the sky. When we hit the ground we are pinned.

My mate is on me and who I think is his beta is pinning Thunder. I growl lowly. My mate's eyes glaze over and I shift trying to pull the same trick as earlier but he shifts with me. He now has me pinned in human form and I can't shift.

"Little mate you should not have done that." My mate whispered in my ear. Oh no I am so dead. "Well you shouldn't have kidnapped me and Thunder." I said. We are standing and he is giving me a bear hug. I hear Thunder roar in pain.

"What are you doing to him." I growl out as I struggle to see him. He picks me up kicking and screaming. He leads me over to the cart where I find Thunder tied to the side. Another man comes over and ties me up. They then put me in the cart and tie me down on the opposite side of Thunder.

They then continue on there way with me and Thunder as there unwanted guests. I can't see anything other than open sky and sometimes some trees. We go through another forest and I can see a figure trailing us. I know it is Alvaro. I know he is watching me and I look at him and shake my hear no. He shouldn't get mixed up in all this. He doesn't listen and continues to tail us. Alvaro is going to be getting into major trouble and this time I don't know if I will be able to help him.

A/N

Word Count: 1657

There another chapter done and another cliffhanger. I love suspense. So if anyone has any questions or any comments please leave a comment for me.