Chapter 3 *edited*

Sam's wolf form is glaring at me and growling at the dragonet. There is no way I am letting him anywhere near the dragonet. He takes a step forward and I let out a low growl. He whimpers and steps back. He shifts back.

"Easy now. Come on Rose it's just Sam. Shift back so we can talk. Please?" Sam started to beg me. Shifting back I scoop up the dragonet. Sam glances at the dragonet and glares. I let out a low growl of warning. The dragonet somehow managed to sleep through the whole thing.

"Rose you know you can't keep that. Oh and did I forget to mention that when you saved it that you showed yourself to my pack? We are now hunting you down. We are suppose to take you alive to the alpha." Sam said. I could tell he was a little mad.

"Oh so I was suppose to let you kill my best friend's child after you murdered her? No I don't care what happens this little one is staying with me." I say in an angry tone. "There is nothing I can do. I am only a warrior in the pack." Sam said. I already new this of coarse. 

Sams eyes glazed over and I growled. I have to get out of here right now. I dart toward the window but Sam snapped out of it and tried to grab me. Dodging I dart for the door. I make it out as I hear Sam crashing around behind me.

This is breaking my heart but I can't let him catch me. Once I reach the bottom of the stairs I make a mad dash for the back door. I make it out but I come face to face with a whole new problem.

Sam had called the pack a lot earlier than I thought he had. I am staring down there alpha and if I had to guess almost all there warriors. The dragonet had finally woken up and it was crying. The wolves were glancing from the dragonet to me and back again. 

I hear crashing behind me and I figure that Sam finally made it through the house. The Alpha growls and steps forward. I shift and have the dragonet protectively under me. I let out a challenging yowl. Everyone but the Alpha step back. Even Sam.

My bag really could have come in handy right about now. The Alpha's eyes glaze over and I take this as my chance to grab the dragonet by it's scruff again and try jumping into the air. The only problem is that Sam had expected me to try this and had shifted.

I was only a few feet off the ground before he tackled me. The dragonet wasn't injured but it had stopped crying and this worried me. I land on my feet and spin and growl. No one was trying to get any closer but I had just made it apparent that my wings work just fine. 

Man I am going to have to do something they never suspected. Shifting back to my human form I drop all childish features about me and become an over powering wall of power. "Stand down." I say in my alpha voice.

Most of the lower leveled wolves were on there stomachs now in submission. "Lets talk this out. You have something we want and we have something you want." The Alpha said. My eyes narrow. "What are you proposing?" I ask.

"Well you want to be able to roam freely and not have to worry about hunters. Am I correct?" The Alpha said. I nod. That is what I have been longing for. The Alpha continued. "Well all you have to do is give us that dragonet and you will never have to worry about hunters again." The Alpha said.

My eyes darken. "Never. You won't be coming anywhere near this dragonet." I said. The Alpha sighed. His eyes glaze over and the wolves were back on there feet. I run at the Alpha and wolves start to run at me.

I jump on the back of the closest one and with all my might I leap as high into the air as I can and shift. I flare my wings open and have the dragonet by the scruff. I climb as high into the sky as I can as fast as I can.

The wolves are trying to jump up and catch me but by this point they won't be able to. I hurry into the sky and fly back to the cave. I set the dragonet in it's nest and walk back out of the cave. There is the pressing need to feed him.

I head out and find a rabbit munching on some grass as an early morning snack. As swiftly as I can I kill it and rush back to the cave. The dragonet is awake. It's eyes open and sees me. Instantly I feel a bond being made.

The dragonet makes a chirping noise which I assume means it wants it's food. Dropping the rabbit right next to it I make sure it is watching as I shift back into my human form. The dragonet just keeps eating.

"Well now little one we are going to need to name you. Well now I know you are a boy. How about Thunder?" I asked him. He nods his head yes. Well that settles that. Thunder goes back to eating. 

"Thunder I am going to need to go into town in the morning. I need you to stay here in the cave and if someone comes in there is a small hidden spot on the back of the ceiling. You need to hide in there if someone other than me comes here." I say. Thunder looks at me and nods. 

We spend the next half an hour find places where Thunder could hide. There are also a number of escape routes he could take now. "OK. Thunder it is time for me to go into town for a little while. If I am not back before noon than I want you to try and not go anywhere near the wolves." I tell him.

Thunder nods and goes to the first hiding spot that now has a small nest for him. I walk out of the cave and climb the closest tree. I then run through the tree tops as fast as I can go. Once I reach the outside of the town I climb down a tree and walk in the town how I normally would.

I go straight to my house. My mom is already up. She looks at me funny when I walk in. "Where have you been and so early in the morning?"She said. "Oh I just went out for an early walk. Oh and mom I am moving out of the house today. Don't worry I will stop by every now and then." I say.

My mom sighs and nods. I go up to my room and grab my bag. I empty out almost everything. The only things stay are the ninja stars, the blanket, and three syringes. Grabbing my swords I hurry out of the house.

I hurry through the town to. I know that there will be werewolves watching my every movements trying to find where I have hidden the dragonet. Climbing the tree I go as fast as I can while still hiding in the tree tops. 

Unfortunately for me the same guy who was in the village and taught me all these ninja things also taught them to Sam. Oh well I am faster anyway. I make a few circles around some random meadow and then ran to the cave.

I reach it and find that the Alpha is waiting there for me. Thunder is no where in sight yet. Though I can hear the men searching through the cave. I have frozen dead in my tracks in the trees.

"Rose come on out. I know you are out there. I just want to talk. We won't harm you or your dragonet." The Alpha said. Well the Alpha seems honest enough. I jump out of the tree. The Alpha seemed a little surprised. 

"Now you know that I am a little strict but with good reason yes?" The Alpha said. I nod slowly. "Well your 'brother' was committed to treason for living with you and not turning you in. He even admitted to knowing what you were for a few weeks now." The alpha said.

"Well if you turn yourself and the dragonet over to us we will let your brother go on living his normal life. If you don't we will kill him." The Alpha said. I snarled at that there was only one thing that I could do. I would have to....

A/N

Word Count: 1470

Another chapter. Boom same day. I wrote the this whole chapter in under an hour.