29. Green

"Wait- Why are we on first name basis?" Gokudera sounded offended.

"Eh sorry, I can't?" Rei pouted dejectedly, "But 'Gokudera' is too long." 

"I don't care." Rolling his eyes, he turned back to the homework he was helping Tsuna work on. "I don't give a shit or two about names, but don't be too familliar."

Rei sulked in the corner. "Then, what are you gonna call me? I'm not gonna let you call me 'Rei' either!" he whined, crossing his arms like a stubborn child.

"Mentally Stunted Green Magician." Gokudera answered almost immediately, "Or Green Masked Weirdo."

"Rude!" Rei snapped.

"On second thought, the first one's too long. I'll go with the second." Gokudera decided nonchalantly.

"I sound like some wannabe power ranger!"

"Well doesn't that suit you perfectly?" Gokudera sighed in resignation.

Puffing up his cheeks in a mixture of embarrassment and childish anger, Rei 'hmph'ed. "Then I'm gonna call you Deradera from now on."

That made Gokudera shoot up in alarm, "What?? NO!"

Rei smirked. "I'm not calling you by your first name, am I, Deradera?"

"Who the hell dares to call people with disgustingly cutesy nicknames nowadays?!" Gokudera retorted, "Are you a girl??" 

"Deradera!"

"Green Masked Weirdo!"

The two growled at each other like cats protecting their territories, gritting teeth and baring claws. The childish banter was getting more heated up by the moment.

Takeshi muffled a laugh, and Tsuna resisted the urge to facepalm.

This quarrel was Lambo and I-pin level retarded.

Eventually the fight was never settled. They were forced into a truce (Reborn just barged in because they were 'too noisy, dammit'). 

Because both names were too long to be called every time, after a while the names were casually shortened. The meanings were half lost along the way too, but oh well. 

TRiViA || ALiVE Sidebookजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें