52. My Sky: Eerie Desires

MY SKY ; ft SUI

Eerie Desires

"This is Sui, and I invited her as my secretary. Is that alright, Byakuran?"

Sui first met Byakuran in a secret cooperation with Irie. It was a favour from Tsuna himself, so she couldn't say no. Spending time with Shou-chan was a plus for her-- so she complied.

"Sure, do what you'd like," Byakuran was casual about it.

He didn't put much mind into the issue. Sui was but another passing breeze to him-- and Sui actually felt grateful. She didn't have to go through a single of her planned retorts if the boss had disagreed on her entrance.

Byakuran signed his paperwork, munching on a marshmallow-- reached for his cup of coffee, took a sip-- and resumed his work.

He seemed busy, yet no one was at his side as a personal aide. He didn't seem to complain either-- well, he was the leader of a Mafia Famiglia, it would make sense.

This pure white room, and pure white Boss-- what exactly was so charming about him?

Irie turned around to leave-- and it took Sui one moment longer to follow him.

And at that one moment-- she felt it.

The haunting gaze of a voracious serpent, staring her down from behind with a glare worthy of a dragon-- she froze in place and dared not look back.

"Nice to meet you, Sui-chan!" Byakuran's voice was sweet and friendly, cheerful and chirping up.

Swinging back-- Byakuran's smile was probably the most horrifying one she had ever seen.

Somberly recalling the green notebook-- her treasure-- she swallowed. She probably wasn't present for other timelines, other parallel worlds-- so Byakuran knows nothing of her. Due to that, he was extra wary of her. 

And with just one gaze filled with a shot of bloodlust-- Sui was down and subdued. Absolutely petrified, dripping with cold sweat and failing to take a smooth breath.

She wouldn't, couldn't dare to go against this frightening man.

Somehow, she felt a wave of euphoria wash through her. Excitement, an ecstatic rush, flooding her senses-- coming to her in the form of a beaming smile that spilled into her voice.

She was loving it, she realized.

She was loving the thrill of a dangerous, bloodthirsty boss that threatened to kill her if defied. She was in metaphorical gunpoint-- coming eye-to-eye with a monstrous beast-- but she could only be further excited by it. 

"I am glad to be acknowledged in your presence, Byakuran-sama," she spoke as calmly as she could-- but her tone was not fearful and not sad. It was calm and confident, prideful and composed. A smile that oozed professionalism, she met her Boss in the eye and saw his expressions grow into surprise.

Sui loved games, because they were exciting, unpredictable-- and one wrong move would make you lose your life. One mistake could cause fatal consequences-- but she loved to conquer challenges and she adored the journey more than the ending.

Byakuran, she remembered this guy's name.

He eyed her warily-- knowingly, suspiciously-- oh, how was Sui going to do her job with him in the way, scrutinizing her every action? She wouldn't be able to hide for long their plans of overthrowing him.

She steadied her breath and excused herself, following after the nerdy glasses boy. 

If Byakuran ever found out Sui was a spy from the Vongola-- the whole plan that spanned nine years of planning would all go to bust. 

Ah, Sui realized. I'm so excited.

Balancing on the edge of death and life-- she smiled in gleeful delight.

Will I die or will I win this game? 

This was a real-life FPS Game without any respawns. 

Whatever could be more thrilling than this?

Surely, this was a side of her she could never show anyone. Not her friends, not her siblings, and definitely not Irie himself.

Turning toward Byakuran at the door, she gave him a sweet, sweet smile.

Byakuran's eyes sharpened in every bit of acrimony-- he was annoyed, perhaps, at how cheerful and nonchalant this young girl seemed to him. Did he catch the thoughts that ran through her heart? Perhaps-- this was one more thing Sui would have to consider in her next move.

Ahh, she felt a shiver down her spine.

Finally, she realized.

This is gonna be so much fun.

She couldn't wait.