Embrace the Community

saintc

When you first join Wattpad you're a little fish in a big pond. You're still trying to figure out how your profile works, what all the links and functions mean – but you're excited! You can't wait to connect with readers and like-minded writers.

As you trying to figure your place on this website, you'll need some help and advice, and here's mine:

Embrace the community.

One thing that sets Wattpad apart from other writing platforms is its community. The Wattpad community even expands beyond Wattpad to various social media sites like twitter, Instagram, snapchat, Facebook, YouTube etc. This means you have to get comfortable with networking if you aren't already.

It would be in your own interest to explore the Wattpad forums/clubs, join a writing group, or engage with writers and readers alike on social media. (The #Wattfam on twitter are the sweetest people you'll ever meet, I promise!)

The more you give to the community, the more you receive. Take part in it, there's no need to be shy!

Make use of the resources available to you.

Learn, learn and keep learning.

Wattpad constantly evolves, and so do the readers. Evolve with the site. There's so much information provided by Wattpad, and the users of Wattpad themselves. Learn how to use the Wattpad statistics page for your book to make decisions, learn how properly promote your work on the site, learn about the contests being held by wattpad, and regular users alike and participate in them, and also pay close attention to the changes on Wattpad, and what they will mean for you as a writer.

Be kind, helpful, and uplifting.

Be kind.

Wattpad is a social platform as well. You do not only sell your writing, but yourself. People are naturally drawn to kind and helpful people. Be that person people are looking to reach out to.
And that concludes my advice to you!

- Saint.