Make Friends and Update Constantly

evethespy

When you join Wattpad, you join a family. So, seek people with similar interests and befriend them. Remember, Wattpad is a social platform, and the community is super supportive of each other. Also, interact with your readers and fellow writers! Many readers appreciate being noticed, while writers love hearing feedback and connecting with each other. If you want advice, many are happy to help out, including me. Just reach out to people. Who knows? You may be making lifelong friendships.

Are you a new writer? Been there, done that. The first thing to address is numbers. Reads, votes, and comments have a huge impact on us. Believe it or not, everyone starts from zero. No matter how many readers you have, I advise you to keep going. Patience is key. Building a readership is a slow burn. Your writing will change lives, and whether that may be one life or one million lives, you should count them as successes either way.

Aside from that, I would advise updating regularly so readers don't lose interest. Good grammar and a solid plot can do wonders, but don't fall into the perfectionist trap. A rough draft is better than no draft at all. Experiment with different genres to see what works for you. Also, you have millions of stories at your fingertips, so read them for inspiration. Make sure to take reader feedback into account too. Most readers are genuinely invested in your story and have your best interests at heart. On top of that, I enter writing contests when I have time. Not only do you reap cool rewards if you win, they also challenge you to expand your horizons and improve your writing.

Anyhow, I wish you good luck! Wattpad is a wonderful place for aspiring writers, especially when you make the most of it.