Be Brave and Have Fun

Devita33

It takes a rather scary amount of guts and self-confidence to publish your work; to put it out into the world, hoping it will at least be liked and hopefully not stolen, bad-mouthed or mocked.

When I started on Wattpad, I had no idea of just how lighter they could make this heavy load. Through the years that I've been actively participating on Wattpad I've noticed two things- there is so much you can do to constantly improve yourself and your work and two; stay humble.

First off, Wattpad is a place to grow, express yourself and to shape a world where you can feel secure enough to risk your work. It's a rather beautiful paradox- it's a home of sorts, but a place of comfort where you can also go beyond your limits and explore your talents and those of others. 

You can visually see and watch as your work grows. A good principle to keep in mind whenever you publish something on Wattpad is to always remain patient. Rome certainly wasn't built in a day and your Wattpad account will most definitely not reach a thousand followers in one either. It's all about giving yourself the right space and time to grow organically; you'll notice the difference in yourself and your work much clearer.

You'll never be the best there is and that's a very good thing. I know it sounds off-putting, but change your mindset to align development and maturity on a higher pedestal than reward. Of course you deserve a reward for hard work but first comes hard work. Wattpad's dynamic environment will help fuel your fire, whether through writing contests, clubs or by just interacting with its friendly and helpful tutors and mentors. They are there for you; use them...

Lastly, stay humble. It's a simple instruction, but one of the hardest things to keep in-line with. Now don't deny your ability and sell yourself short; have confidence in you and never forget where you started and what you've reached since that gutsy move to press that orange 'publish' button on Wattpad.

Never fear- Wattpad's got your back!