Chapter 6

Hey guys, Ash here. So the contest is almost over and I've got a nice amount of submissions but there's still room for more!

Tj's POV

What did I do? Why did I do it? I don't know, I don't know, I don't know! I kissed him and he kissed back. This means Jenna was right.

I wanted so badly to just get away from this...from Cyrus and these feelings. No, then he'd get either hurt or suspicious. I'll just play it cool until this date was over. Wait did I just call it a date? UGH, I DON"T KNOW!

The Ferris Wheel came to a stop and we got off. I looked over at Cyrus and he had this cute conflicted look on his face. Wait cute? No not cute, just conflicted.

"You okay there Cyrus?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

He snapped his attention to me. His face grew redder by the second as he struggled to form a sentence. "Well, I uh- I'm... It was...you and I..we." He shut his mouth and looked at the ground.

I laughed at how adorable he was. "It's ok Cyrus, you can say we kissed," I smirked at him.

His eyes widened. "Yeah...we did but..you have a girlfriend."

I sighed. I had nearly forgotten about Jenna. Her and this stupid bet. Why did I even accept it? I'm terrible for doing this to him. He is most likely thinking that I like him the way that he likes me. But I didn't like him like that, I couldn't.

But..Did I?

"Tj?" I heard him quietly say my name.

I looked over at him as we approached the exit. It was getting dark so I decided we would cut the trip short and leave early. "Yeah Cyrus?"

He stopped walking and stared at me sadly. "Why did you kiss me?"

I stared at him and dropped my gaze to the concrete. Why did I kiss him? I knew exactly why. Cyrus brought out something me that I never thought existed. I looked back at his glistening eyes. "Because I like you, Cyrus. I like how obsessed with chocolate you are, and how much energy you bring to others around you. I like how caring you are and how easily you get tired. I like everything about you, Cyrus. I just like you," I let out a breath.

I couldn't read his face. He looked happy and relieved but then that sad expression came back. "B-but what about Jenna?" he whispered.

I let out a groan. "Who cares about Jenna?!" I exclaimed. To prove my point I walked over to him, pulled him closer, and brought our lips together.

He tensed up but melted into the kiss. Nothing else mattered right now. Not Jenna, not that stupid bet, nothing. The only thing I cared about right now was the smaller quirky boy in front of me.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Buffy's POV

My doorbell rang, making me groan as I stopped watching Buffy The Vampire Slayer to open the door.

I opened the door to reveal a wet-faced Cyrus. His eyes were wet and red but he had a smile on his face. "Cyrus?! What happened? Are you ok?" I let him in and we went to the living room.

I paused the show and grabbed his hands. He let out a shallow breath. "I don't know what happened, but Tj and I..we," he smiled to himself.

He didn't need to say it, I already knew what happened. "You guys kissed?!" I exclaimed happily. I knew Cyrus always had a thing for Tj but I never thought Tj would have a thing for Cyrus.

He nodded happily. "And he said all these things and I just don't know what to do," he looked down and frowned.

I squeezed his hands comfortingly. "Cyrus, you'll be ok. I can tell Tj really does like you. Just go with the flow, you know?" I smiled at him.

He giggled a bit. "Thanks, Buffy," he leaned closer for a hug which I gladly returned.

After pulling away I looked at him seriously. "You know one day you're gonna have to tell Andi and Jonah right?"

He sighed and looked at the floor and nodded sadly. "It's just...what if they don't want to be around me anymore?"

I squeezed his hands again. "Cyrus, they're you're best friends. They'll still love you no matter what." I gave him a reassuring smile.

He smiles back and nodded again. "Alright, I'll tell them tomorrow." He had a determined expression on and I held my hand up. We high-fived and I unpaused the show as we spent the night binge-watching it.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Cyrus's POV

The next day

I walked through the halls and to my locker. I stuffed some textbooks in there and closed it. I was on my way to my next class when I noticed someone walking my way.

He had on his famous smile that lit up any room. "Hey Cy-guy," he greeted me brightly.

I smiled back. "Hey, Jonah. What are you doing here?"

He scrunched his eyebrows. "I go here?"

A sigh left my lips as I rolled my eyes. "I meant why are you at my locker?" I said annoyed by that answer I always seemed to get.

"I wanted to walk with you to class. I don't see you much anymore Cy," his voice softened and I couldn't help the blush that crept its way onto my cheeks.

I started walking and Jonah followed behind me. We chatted about nothing in particular when I looked over and saw something that made my stomach turn.

Tj and Jenna were chatting in an area with nobody around. I stopped walking and stared at them.

"Cyrus?" Jonah's concerned voice barely made it through my ears. Everything grew blurry except for the sight of both of them.

That's when it happened. Jenna leaned up and planted a soft kiss on Tj's lips. He returned it and when they pulled away they both smiled.

I could hear Jonah calling my name but nothing else mattered. My eyes watered and I ran. I don't know where to but I ran until my legs couldn't run anymore. I didn't know where I was. I couldn't see through the blurry vision caused by my unshed tears. I finally grew tired and collapsed on the ground and let it out.

First Jonah and now Tj. Why couldn't I just like somebody that wouldn't take my heart and rip it to pieces? Why couldn't I just like girls?

Why couldn't I just be normal?

I rest the back of my head on a tree and hugged my knees. The sky was getting dark, most likely telling me it would rain.

I looked around at a lot of other trees that surrounded me. I remember these woods. I used to play here with my old friend before they moved away.

The memory brought a small smile as I sniffled. I didn't want to get up but I knew I couldn't stay here forever. I could but then people would start looking for me and Tj would be one of those people.

Tj

A tear slipped down my cheek as I thought of all the moments we had and the few kisses we shared. I thought I meant something to him but now I know nothing we did mattered.

Not the swings, not the park, and not even the kisses. My first actual kiss had been wasted. But I can't help but still feel drawn to him.

Despite what he did I still liked him. What was wrong with me?

Dun dun dunnnnn. Oops, I left it at a crucial plot moment. My bad. Anyways, the contest comes to a close tomorrow and the two winning OC's will be featured on Saturday's chapter as promised.

Writing this book always puts me in different moods and OMG THAT CONFESSION SCENE WAS THE BEST THING TO WRITE. Ok, I'm fangirling over my own book, I'll leave now.

Until next time, byeeeee

~Ash