Chapter 9

Hey guys, Ash here. So I know I'm late with an update but there's been some things going on in my life that I can't control. I'll try to update again really soon.

Cyrus's POV

"This one looks cool," Tj took one of his arms that were around my waist and pointed to one of the drafts.

We were in sitting on my bedroom floor with me sitting in between his legs, my back resting on his chest. I gave him a look of annoyance. "Tj that's a volcano."

"What's wrong with a volcano?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Volcanoes are boring and everyone does them," I rolled my eyes and flipped the page. "Now this looks cool."

Tj groaned. "But that looks really difficult," he complained.

I scoffed. "You do know volcanoes are also pretty complicated too right?"

He sighed in annoyance. "Fine we'll do whatever that is."

I smiled contently and unwrapped myself from his arms by standing up. He whined but I ignored him and around the house, looking for stuff we needed.

Turns out, we actually had quite a few things. Empty soda bottles, tape, balloons for some weird reason, and a bunch of other random stuff. All we needed were different sodas and mentos.

"So remind me what we're doing again?" Tj was on my bed staring at me with a confused look.

"So we're gonna blow balloons up with a bunch of different mixtures that release gasses and-" I was cut short when his phone started buzzing.

He looked at it and it almost seemed like he...paled? "I uh, gotta go. Family emergency." He stood up and walked out the door.

I sighed. "I'll just be here setting up sciencey stuff I guess," I whispered to myself.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Tj's POV

Crap Crap Crap

This was bad, like really bad. Once I left Cyrus's house I texted Jenna back quickly. She wanted to meet up and I knew this would be the perfect time to break up with her.

Sorry Cyrus but this will ultimately benefit the both of us. I walk-ran to Jenna's, which wasn't that far away.

Once I got there, I climbed the tree next to her window and knocked on it. A second later, she opened it with a wide smile.

"Hey babe, come in!" She exclaimed happily, letting me in.

Before I could speak her arms were around my neck and her lips were on mine. I reluctantly kissed back and she seemed to notice.

"Babe, what's wrong?" She turned her head to the side.

I let out the breath that had been stuck and my throat and let the words out. "I don't think I can do this anymore," I said motioning towards the both of us.

She took a step back and her face went from shocked to sad. "W-why? What do you mean?"

"I don't know, I just don't feel anything anymore," I shrugged.

"Tj we've been together for a year and a half you can't just "stop feeling things" you--," she stopped herself. "This is about that Cyrus kid isn't it?"

"No, Cyrus didn't have anything to do with this. It was my decision," I kept my face serious.

She looked down and I could tell she was crying. "Get out," her voice was shaky and low.

I wanted to comfort her but she ushered me to the window. I climbed out and without a second glance, I went home.

I was finally free from her and could completely focus on Cyrus. I smiled to myself. Instead of going home I dug through my pocket and pulled out my wallet. I had a decent amount of money so I turned on my heels and walked to the store.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Jenna's POV

I couldn't believe this. After Tj left I sat on my bed and stared at the ceiling. He didn't want to admit, but I he didn't have to.

I knew he liked Cyrus. It was obvious. He had nicknames for him and his attention would always focus on him whenever they were together.

He would not get away with this. I was getting the last laugh and had the perfect way of doing it.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Jonah's POV

Sydney sat across from me as we laughed and sipped on our milkshakes. I honestly forgot how long we had been here, but who cares?

He took my mind off of everything that was troubling me. Sydney was actually really great at cheering people up, or so he says.

"So my mom is throwing a welcome to the neighborhood party for us. You should come," He said.

I stared at him and raised an eyebrow. "A welcome to the neighborhood party? Isn't that something people do to welcome new neighbors?"

His cheeks turned to a light pink. "Yeah well my mom is weird and she always does this," He sighed.

I laughed a bit. "Well, I'll be sure to come," I reassured him. He smiled and I smiled back. This was good, this was exactly what I needed.

Welp that's the chapter. I'm sorry I've been gone, like I said, there are just some things I can't control. This chapter was more filler to set up the upcoming drama bomb, so be prepared like Skar says. I'll try to get an update out either tomorrow or Monday. Until then, byeeeee

~Ash