Chapter 22b

Hey guys, Ash here. So sorry for the late update. School has me really busy and I also play soccer and that keeps me even busier. Anyways enjoy the chapter.

Cyrus's POV

I sighed as I checked my phone again. Ever since the absolutely awkward dinner, Tj hasn't returned my texts or calls. I hadn't seen or heard from him all weekend.

"He's still not picking up?" Buffy's voice came from my laptop. I nodded.

"I think something's wrong Buffy. He wouldn't just suddenly vanish," I couldn't hide my concern.

"Have you gone to his house?" She suggested.

I shook my head. "I guess I should do that but his parents just gave me the most awkward feeling," I said.

Buffy shrugged. "I guess you'll have to suck it up buttercup."

I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Whatever. I'm gonna go see if he's okay," I waved at her and shut my laptop off after she waved back.

I put on my jacket, yelled at my mom that I was going to Tj's, and headed out the door. I shivered a bit because of the cool breeze.

It felt really nice out but it's not a day I'd spend outside. I hummed quietly as I walked down the empty streets. I really hope Tj was alright.

(Y'all omg I had to stop writing cause THERE WAS A FUCKING SPIDER CRAWLING AROUND ON MY BLANKET AND I'M TRAUMATIZED LIKE OMG)

I walked up to Tj's porch and knocked on the door. After a few moments, the door opened and Tj's mom stepped out.

She eyed me with a look I couldn't determine and forced a smile onto her face. "Hi Cyrus, can I help you?" She asked.

"Um yes, is Tj home?" I asked, ignoring the weird look she was giving me.

"Oh Tj's not feeling well, you'll have to come back another time," Her face softened.

My brow furrowed as I nodded. I guess that made sense, but then again he'd still be able to text or something. I waved her goodbye and walked away.

I wouldn't go out without a fight though as I crept around the house and looked for the window to Tj's room.

After I found the familiar blue walls and a jersey. I looked around for something to throw at his window. I found a few small twigs. I chucked one at the window and waited a few seconds.

After no response, I threw another one. I sighed as I prepared to throw one more. Unfortunately, Tj picked this moment to open his window, getting a stick in the face.

"Ow!" He groaned.

"Oh my gosh, Tj I'm so sorry," I exclaimed.

Tj looked down at me in confusion but then his face brightened. "Cyrus, I'm so happy to see you. I know I haven't talked to you in a few days and you've probably been worried sick. My parents took my phone away," He sighed.

"What? Why would they do that?" I asked him.

He sighed heavily and rubbed his face. "It's a long story babe, but go to The Spoon at around ten tonight, please. I'll explain everything to you then," He said sadly.

I gave him an unconvinced nod. "Alright then, I love you," My cheeks warmed up a bit every time I say that.

"I love you too little muffin," He gave me a genuine smile that made my face feel even hotter. I walked away and headed home. Sneaking out would be a bit weird but it was worth it.

I just wanted Tj to be alright.

-------------------------------------------------------------

It took a lot of self-confidence for me to jump out of my window and head to The Spoon, but when I did I never felt more alive.

My window wasn't even that high up and I could probably climb back through it but sneaking out wasn't something I was used to.

(YALL THAT FUCKING SPIDER IS BACK AND IT'S ON THE WALL I SMASHED IT BUT IT CAME BACK TO LIFE AND DISAPPEARED)

I walked into The Spoon and breathed in the fresh smell of baby taters. I saw Tj staring down at the table in deep thought.

"Uh Tj, are you alright," I slowly sat down across from him.

I looked up in surprise and shook his head. "I'm fine, I was just trying to figure out the best way to tell you this," I felt a pang in my chest and a sad look spread across my face. He noticed this and his eyes went wide. "Woah hey, calm down. I'm not breaking up with you Cy," He said, grabbing my hand softly.

Relief washed over me and I sighed contently. "So then what are you telling me?" I asked warily.

He bit his lip, which would've been way more attractive if this moment weren't so serious. "Well my parents....don't really like that we're together," He said quietly.

I furrowed my brow as I tried to comprehend what he was saying. "Wait, is that why they took your phone? So you couldn't talk to me," I put two and two together and suddenly felt very guilty.

He nodded slowly. "Yeah. They're being really extreme about it. They won't even let me walk to school anymore."

That made me feel even worse. "I'm sorry Tj, this is my fault," I said on instinct. My eyes suddenly fell to the table as I fought back tears.

"Sorry for what? This isn't at all your fault, it's theirs. I wouldn't trade what we have for anything on this planet and would gladly have everything taken from me if it meant I could be with you," He said squeezing my hand softly.

I looked up at him and he stared back at me, his eyes full of love and something else I couldn't really read. I'm really bad at reading people apparently.

He stood up. "Come on, I'm taking you somewhere," He dragged me out of The Spoon before I could even reply.

Soon we ended up at the playground where we first really met each other.

He sat down on a swing and I sat on the one next to him. "This is dumb," He muttered angrily.

"It's fine Tj. We'll find a way through this," I tried to reassure him.

"I know but we shouldn't have to find a way through this. I shouldn't have to feel bad for loving you. I hate my parents for doing this to us because I know how much it hurts you. All of this is just a load of crap," He stood up and started pacing. I watched him, debating on what to do or if I should even do anything.

His face was red and he looked like he wanted to punch someone's face in. After a few moments, I did the only thing I could think of and hugged him.

He stopped moving and eventually his breathing slowed down and he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer.

I could hear him silently sobbing and the sound broke my heart. "I promise you, Cyrus. I won't let anything or anyone get between us. You're everything to me and I can't lose you," He looked at me with teary eyes.

I looked at him with an equally sad expression and nodded. I lifted my head and softly pressed my lips against his. After pulling away his hands found my cheeks as he wiped my tears away.

"I love you, Cyrus Goodman," He whispered.

A smile found its way onto my face as I softly laughed. "I love you too Tj Kippen."

We stayed on the playground for a little while longer before he walked me home. It took me a while before I couldn't sleep peacefully because I was thinking of all the horrible things Tj was going through.

But those things only made our connection stronger and the chances of that connection breaking were pretty unlikely.

The End.

Just kidding. Omg, I'm so emotional right now like I literally want to cry. I'm going to go to bed in tears because of this chapter. I promise you guys it does get better...or does it? *evil laugh*

Anyways I have no idea when the next part will be up but it will be within the next two weeks as usual.

Until then, byeeeee

~Ash