Chapter 22a

Hey guys, Ash here. So this chapter is overdue by two days. My birthday was Friday and I got The Sims and literally could not stop playing. Anyways these next few chapters are gonna be really emotional and whatnot so be warned and get your tissues ready. Alright on with the story.

Tj's POV

Was I really about to do this? Right here, right now? Of course I was. I came here to do one thing and Jenna won't stand in the way of that.

Everyone in the room looked at me weirdly, except Cyrus. He look scared for me but at the same time, he encouraged me silently.

I sighed deeply and found my voice. "Mom..Dad. This is Cyrus... my boyfriend," I said hesitantly.

My parents looked from me and Cyrus, and to each other. They silently communicated for what felt like an eternity.

My father got up and went into the kitchen and my mother sighed. She smiled softly at me and Cyrus before saying, "Is he joining us for dinner then?"

I wanted to feel relieved but something seemed off. I decided to ignore it and instead grabbed Cyrus's hand. "Yeah, he will. We're gonna go freshen up a bit," I told her.

My mom nodded and smiled sweetly. "Jenna sweety, would you mind helping me and Laurance out in the kitchen please?".

Jenna gave her a nod and fake smile before glaring and Cyrus and I. " Sure Mrs. Kippen," She walked into the kitchen, followed by my mom.

When they were out of sight, I dragged Cyrus upstairs and into my room. I collapsed onto the bed and screamed into my pillow.

I heard Cyrus laugh behind me as he sat on the edge of my bed. "That was the most stressful thing ever," He said.

I pulled my face out of my pillow and gave him a tired smirk. "Tell me about it. I can't believe they were so cool about it."

Cyrus nodded. "But why was Jenna here?" He studied my face.

I sat up quickly and put an arm around him. "I swear Cyrus I didn't know she was here. She's really lost her marbles," I reassured him.

He rest his head on me. "I believe you. How do you think this dinner is gonna go? It's bound to be somewhat awkward."

I cringed. "I don't know. Hopefully it doesn't blow up in our faces," I sighed as we sat there.

Cyrus ignored my whining and got up. "We have to get down there sooner or later," He offered his hand.

I groaned and took it into mine. "Can I get a good luck kiss?" I said smugly.

He rolled his eyes. "You're such a dork," He scoffed.

I chuckled softly. "And so are you little muffin," I said.

He smiled before softly pressing his lips against mine. I wish this moment could go on forever. Just us together, no one could touch or bother us.

My thoughts were halted when Cyrus pulled away. I moved towards him but he put his finger on my lips. "Don't get distracted Tj," He scolded.

I pouted and sighed. "Tj! Cyrus! Dinner's ready!" I heard Jenna yell.

Cyrus pulled me out of the room and down the stairs. He looked around and I laughed at him for being lost. I took the lead and pulled him into the kitchen where everyone sat at the table.

My mom gestured us to the table and watched us intently as we sat. The silence was unbearable and I know everyone felt it.

My mom cleared her throat. "So Cyrus. How long have you been dating my son?" She stared Cyrus down.