Chapter 26 {Finale}

Hey guys, Ash here. So the time has come and Unlikely is ending. I'm super duper sad that this story is ending but I'm also so grateful for everything it brought me. I've probably said this like a thousand times but I want to thank everyone that read this story and made it so popular. This story is coming up on 90k and I never would've thought something I would make would become so well-liked. Anyways, enough with my speech, let's get on with the chapter.

Warning: Slurs

Tj's POV

I laughed as Jonah and Sydney were trying to out-dance the other. They seemed to be in some sort of competition with each other and it was very entertaining to watch.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to see Buffy. "Cyrus has been gone for a while," She slightly yelled.

It had been a while since Cyrus came back. I thought he might've eaten something funny but now that Buffy mentions it, he has been gone for an unusual amount of time. "Have you tried texting him?" I asked.

She looked annoyed. "I would if I had my phone but unfortunately dresses don't have pockets," She gesticulated to her outfit.

I sighed and pulled out my phone, thank goodness I got pants with pockets and saw I had five missed calls from Cyrus. My heart started to race as I didn't hesitate to call him back.

After a few rings, he picked up. "Tj?" He sounded like he had been crying.

"Yeah it's me, Cyrus, where are you?" I asked worriedly.

He sniffed before he spoke, "I'm in the janitor's closet."

My brows furrowed but I hung up and hurried to the janitor's closet, not stopping to explain to Buffy. I almost ran down the hall towards the closet and when I got there I saw the janitor about to go in.

"Wait! My boyfriend's in there," I yelled at him. He gave me a weird look but still unlocked it. The door opened to reveal Cyrus, who was hugging his knees.

He turned around and looked at me with pain written all over his face. He stood up and walked into me. I hugged him tightly as he cried silently into my shoulder.

"Why can't we just be happy?" He whispered sadly.

"What are you talking about Cyrus?" I looked down at him, wiping away the tears that fell onto his cheek.

"Jenna locked me in there. I was going to the bathroom and somebody ambushed me. I guess it was her brother. She told me that I should've stayed in the closet where I belonged" he said.

Usually, I would've felt horrible for this happening to him. I would have felt sad and wanted to comfort him. But right now, I just felt angry. Angry at a lot of things.

Cyrus noticed the anger on my face. "Tj please don't do what I think you're about to do," He pleaded.

I let go of him and ignored his protests and stomped angrily back to the gym. He trailed behind, begging me to stop but someone was going to pay. I'm sick and tired of standing by while Cyrus suffers.

I burst back into the gym, shoving people out of my way. I spotted who I was looking for and continued my path into I was standing right in front of her.

Jenna looked at me with a smirk on her face. "You're finally over your phase huh?" She asked cheerfully.

"Not even close. Jenna, you've gone way too far and I'm tired of you constantly attacking Cyrus," I yelled at her.

Some guy behind her turned his head and stared me down. He was a few inches taller than me so he was probably a high schooler. I couldn't care less who he was honestly.

"You must be the guy that threw my boyfriend in the closet," I looked at him angrily.

He chuckled. "Yeah, I am. It's where fags like you and him need to be," He smirked at me.

Something in me snapped and the next thing I knew, my fist flew across his face and he was on the ground. He covered his cheek in pain as I got on top of him and punched him again and again. My hand was starting to hurt but I didn't care.

I could feel arms pulling me off of him and I whipped around to see Dr. Metcalf and Mr. McGonagall. "Mr. Kippen, I think it would be in your best interest to leave. Unless you want to be suspended," Dr. Metcalf said calmly.

I gave the defeated high schooler one last look before storming away. I saw Cyrus standing behind them with a horrified look on his face.

"Tj...why?" He said with hurt in his voice.

"I'm sorry Cyrus. I don't know what came over me. I just couldn't stand by and let people constantly come after you," I said.

He shook his head and hugged me. I hugged him back and we stood there for a minute before he held my hand in his. "Let's get out of here," He said with a sad smile.

"What about everyone else?" I looked over at our friends.

"They'll be fine. I'll just tell them what happened later," He shrugged.

I sighed and he pulled me out of the school and outside, the slightly chilly air hitting us as we walked.

"I'm sorry I ruined the dance for us," I said softly.

I could hear Cyrus laugh quietly. "You didn't ruin it Tj. I'm glad you stood up for me," He smiled at me and I smiled back.

"This month has been pretty crazy y'know?" I smiled at the thought of everything we've been through.

"I guess you could say that," His laugh grew and I laughed with him.

"Let's go to our spot," I said.

He nodded and we walked together to the park. The sun was going down but we still decided to go there anyway.

We sat on the swings and watched the sun sink lower and lower. An idea popped into my head as I grabbed my phone and stood up. I put on a song I had heard before.

(Play the song)

"Tj what are you doing?" Cyrus gave me a confused look.

I reached out my hand. "Cyrus Goodman, may I have this dance?" I smiled at him.

He rolled his eyes and smiled back. "You're such a dork," He said as his hands wrapped around my neck.

I chuckled and wrapped my hands around his waist. "Yeah but I'm your dork," I smirked at him.

"I guess this night isn't so bad after all," He sighed contently and leaned his head into my shoulder.

"Any night with you is a good one little muffin," I whispered.

He giggled and we continued like that until the song was over. When it was I just replayed it because I never wanted this moment to end. Just me and him together. In a place where nothing could touch us.

We both had some stuff that bothered us but that stuff brought us together and the chances of me letting him go were pretty unlikely.

The End.

Omg. It's actually the end. I'm like in tears right now. I absolutely adore this story and to be ending it just breaks my heart honestly. This is my last time saying this, but thank you to everyone that read this story and helped it grow. I wouldn't be here without each and every one of my readers and I love all of you to death. My next story has been decided and will be released sometime next week. But until then, byeeee.

~Ash