Chapter 24

Hey guys, Ash here. So first off I just want to say thank you guys for 60k reads! It still amazes me how good this story is doing. However I do have some bad news and that news is that there are less than ten chapters left. It's super sad to be nearing the end of this story because I love it so much. But don't worry, there will be a sequel. Anyways I'll stop talking and get to it.

Jonah's POV

"Can't anybody ride my wave the same," I sang quietly as I wrote the lyric down. I was working on a new song that I thought of a few days ago and Bowie let me use The Red Rooster for a practice area.

Business was slower than usual today so it was the perfect place to write.

"How's the song coming along?" Bowie asked from behind the counter.

I looked down at the half-complete song and shrugged. "I think it's good so far. Finishing it might be a different story though."

He nodded as I checked my watch. "Oh shoot! I'm late for my date with Sydney," I said frantically grabbing my stuff and shoving it into my guitar case.

Bowie gave me an amused look as he watched me pack my stuff up. "See ya, Jonah. Good luck with your date!" He yelled as I hurried out the door.

I yelled back a goodbye as a nearly ran to Hufflepuff's Pastry shop. Sydney and I agreed to meet there when he finished his shift.

Luckily I spotted him sitting at a table playing with the straw from an empty cup.

"Hey Sydney sorry I'm late I was working on something," I sat across from him.

He looked at me questioningly. "Are you alright? You look like you just ran a mile," He rose a brow.

My face warmed up a bit. "Uh, I kind of did," I said softly.

He laughed a bit, making me smile. It was one of the many things I liked about him. His laughter and smile were totally contagious.

"Well, we should hurry before the arcade closes. It's only open for a few more hours," He stood up and waited for me by the door.

I grabbed his hand and we walked to the arcade. During our walk, we talked about nothing in particular and just enjoyed being around each other.

"And here we are, Snape's Arcade and Cafe," I stated with a grand gesture.

Sydney laughed at my goofiness and shook his head. "Shall we enter my good man?"

"We shall, but be warned. I've been here a lot so prepare to get destroyed," I said challengingly.

"We'll see about that Beck," He faked glared at me as we entered.

We entered the arcade and were greeted by a huge breeze of cold air. Luckily I brought my jacket and Sydney wore a sweater.

"So where to first?" He asked looking around at the many different games and mini rides.

I shrugged. "Anywhere you want. I've played everything here but you haven't so I'll let you get first pick," I said.

His cheeks tinted pink as he looked ahead. "Well I do have one game in mind," He said embarrassed.

Next thing I knew I was being destroyed at Dance Dance Revolution while Sydney moved around like he made the game.

"How are you so good at this?" I asked barely keeping up with the dancer and arrows on the screen.

"You just gotta feel the rhythm," He said turning to me and grabbing my hands. We laughed our heads off as we forgot about the game and just danced wildly.