Chapter 8

Garroth lead Lilac out of Phoenix Drop and into a large forest. Lilac stayed close to him shaking every so often. Garroth knew how scary it was to leave your home village and be close to dying.

"Sir... Sir Garroth?" Lilac sputtered, she looked up at Garroth. "Will we die today?"

Garroth knew it was wrong to lie to her but, he didn't want to show his fear, "I honestly don't know.." Garroth knew that it was half true yet, he wanted her to believe there was some hope.

Lilac sighed then paused, she put her hands on her helmet and removed it. She had long brown hair and kind brown eyes. "I just think you should see me before we die." She quickly continued, "You were the best mentor I could of asked for. You showed .e Courage and kindness, I still can't believe your Zanes brother but, only because your both so different." She dipped her head to him, "I owe you my respect and gratitude."

Garroth stood there shocked, he didn't expect this to happen, "I- Thank you Lilac. Now c'mon we are almost there." Garroth said as he continued to lead Lilac through the forest.

After about an hour they reached the O'kasis gates. There were large black gates that looked like they were made from willow wood and were painted black, as black as the night sky. Infront of the gates standing there was Zane.