Chapter 7 (Gentleman)

(Possible trigger warning)

Ennard looked over at Ballora, to see that she was watching the movie that was playing, intently. He chuckled quietly and looked back over at the screen. A loud noise rung through the theater, not loud enough to compare to the surround sound, but still distracting. Ennard's eyes widened as he looked over at Ballora.

"Ballora, you were supposed to mute that," Ennard worried, looking around to see people's glares.

"Sorry," Ballora whispered as she dug her phone out of her bag. "I'll take this elsewhere."

"Oh, well, don't be long," Ennard murmured.

Ballora maneuvered her way past people, careful not to step on someone's toes, or fall into their lap. When she got out of the aisle, she quickly walked up towards the back doors.

As she got out of the screen room, she answered her phone, "Hello?"

"Hey, Ballora. What's going on?" Foxy wondered on the other side of the line.

"Well, you called me in the middle of a 'movie.' Have you ever watched a movie, Foxy? It's not like the small screen at home. It's fascinating," Ballora mused.

"You're watching a movie? With Ennard?" Foxy gasped.

"I was. I thought you knew I was with Ennard? You saw me leave with him," Ballora replied curiously.

"He hasn't tried to stab you with licorice, or something, has he?" Foxy worried.

"What?" Ballora giggled, wondering what licorice was, but mostly at Foxy's absurd idea.

"Where else did you guys go?" Foxy asked.

"We went to a restaurant, first," Ballora told him.

"Be careful, Ballora. If you start to feel faint, call me immediately," Foxy sputtered.

"Foxy, what are you trying to get at?" Ballora mumbled.

"I just want to make sure Ennard doesn't hurt you," Foxy sighed.

"Foxy, you can stop your worrying. Ennard and I are having a good time," Ballora assured him.

"You're having a . . . good time?" Foxy stammered.

"Yeah. He showed me around the city, payed for my food and tickets, and has been nothing but a gentleman to me," Ballora explained.

"A 'gentleman'?" Foxy sneered.

"Yes, something you wouldn't quite understand," Ballora said, before hanging up.

"See, I told you!" Funtime Freddy chuckled, and Foxy shot him a glare as he flipped his phone shut.

He sighed, "I don't get it."

"What's there not to get? Ennard's a nice guy," Freddy gushed.

"No, Ennard's a jerk," Foxy grumbled.

"Ennard didn't used to be. And you know why he started picking on people," Freddy croaked.

"To make himself feel better," Foxy blurted.

"No-"

"I know. It was because of his so called 'depression,' " Foxy scoffed.

"Foxy," Freddy mumbled.

"But, I don't understand why he was depressed; he had us. Were we not good enough?" Foxy uttered.

"I don't know why he had depression, but I know it wasn't his fault. He needed us, Foxy, but we weren't there for him. You accused him of faking it to get attention, and that's why he started picking on people. Because his best friend didn't understand. The only one that understood him was Springtrap, and that's why he started hanging out with him," Freddy confessed.

Foxy sighed, staring at the floor. He felt tears prim at his eyes, and he quickly wiped them away. Freddy put his hand on Foxy's back, and Foxy quickly looked up at him, blushing as he saw the sincere smile Freddy gave him.

"Although Ballora doesn't know about his depression, she understands that he's lonely, now that Springtrap's gone, and just needs someone there to comfort him. Maybe Ennard's trying to ask us for another chance through Ballora. The least we could do is show him that he can give us another chance," Freddy reasoned.

Foxy looked down at the floor, and back up at Freddy, in thought. Freddy tilted his head as Foxy looked between his eyes. Foxy nodded hesitantly, and Freddy grinned.

"When did you get those?" Ennard wondered as he gestured to the licorice that stuck out between Ballora's teeth.

"When I took that call," Ballora replied as she tried to keep up with his long legs.

"Who was that, anyway?" Ennard asked, secretly glancing over at her.

"Oh, that was a friend of mine," Ballora muttered.

Ennard nodded as he looked down. Ballora looked up to see that the crosswalk sign had changed. She slowly came to a stop, but noticed that Ennard kept going. She gently grabbed his arm, stopping him. Ennard quickly looked over at. Ballora, feeling her soft touch.
Ballora met his eyes, and Ennard blushed as his heart lurched. He quickly pulled his arm away from her, rubbing the place that was tingling from her contact. Ballora widened her eyes and put her hands behind her back.

"Sorry," Ballora said.

Ennard looked away, trying to steady his thumping heart. This is ridiculous, Ennard thought. He didn't like it when he was nice to someone, let alone having some lovey-dovey feelings over some girl. He was weak, and it was showing.

He glared ahead, and a building across the street caught his eye. He turned abruptly and strode across the street. Ballora quickly caught up to him.

"Where are we going?" Ballora wondered.

"To the bar," Ennard muttered-he always went there when he wasn't feeling good; the alcohol always made him feel better, at least temporarily.

"Have you been here before?" Ballora worried as he stopped in front of the door.

"I always come here," Ennard said as he walked in.

Ballora gulped as she followed him in. The smell of alcohol engulfed her, and Ballora held her nose. Ennard quickly walked up to the bar and hopped in a chair.

"The usual," Ennard told the man behind the counter.

"Alrighty. Anything for you, miss?" he asked Ballora as she sat down.

"No, thank you," Ballora muttered, and the man shrugged as he turned around. "Are we even allowed in here?" Ballora whispered.

"Yeah. We're not exactly human, so they don't care," Ennard spoke up, not worrying about anyone hearing them, like she did.