Chapter 11 (Foxy's Confession)

Ballora sighed as she put the phone up to her ear. She didn't say anything, not knowing what exactly to say to Foxy.

". . . Hello?" Foxy muttered.

"What?" Ballora snapped.

"Ballora! I thought you'd never an-"

"What do you want, Foxy?" Ballora grumbled.

Foxy winced. "Are you okay? Where's Ennard?"

"I'm fine. Ennard's asleep, beside me," Ballora said through gritted teeth.

"He's sleeping beside you?" Foxy mumbled.

Ballora sighed and said, "Foxy, I'm very disappointed in you."

"Wha- Why?" he croaked.

"Why? Why am I disappointed with you?" Ballora hissed, trying to keep from being too loud. "Ennard did nothing, and you punched him. You told him that it should've been him, instead of Springtrap. Why would you do that, Foxy?"

"I just- I saw your lipstick on him," Foxy said.

"He was drunk, he kissed me, and I kissed him back. Nothing really happened," Ballora said.

" 'Nothing really happened'? You guys kissed," Foxy ranted.

"It was just a few kisses, and Ennard was drunk," Ballora continued.

"But you weren't, and you kissed him back," Foxy uttered.

"So, it's not like we did anything else," Ballora added.

"Yeah, but kissing is much more intimate," Foxy croaked.

"Why do you care, anyway?" Ballora scoffed.

"You were supposed- . . . I- . . ." Foxy stammered.

"What? Foxy, I don't under-"

"I was supposed to win you over, Ballora! Not him," Foxy blurted.

Ballora's eyes widened, and she gasped, "Foxy."

"When I saw your lipstick all over his face . . . I don't know, I just got, jealous," Foxy babbled. "I was afraid that you had ended up falling for him."

"Foxy, I-" Ballora started.

"Ballora, I've loved you for a while now, and I've been trying to get you to notice it, but . . ." Foxy confessed.

"You, love me?" Ballora whispered, not believing her ears.

"Yeah," Foxy muttered. "I'm sorry about what I did. I was just so upset, that I didn't know what else to do."

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" Ballora murmured.

"I didn't want to be rejected," Foxy mumbled.

"I-"

"Look, I don't want this to change anything, if not for the best," Foxy blurted.

"I don't know what to say," Ballora said, a bit annoyed by the amount of times she'd been interrupted.

"You can call me back when you know. Bye, Ballora," Foxy added.

Before Ballora could say anything, the call was ended. She moved the phone from her ear and stared down at it. She looked over at Ennard, who seemed to still be asleep. Ballora's heart ached as she realized how obvious it was that Foxy loved her. All the times he had "jokingly" flirted with her, the times she had caught him staring at her, and his protectiveness over her.

Ballora put her head in her hands and sighed. She didn't know what to do. She had just gotten through with Ennard, now she has to get through to Foxy, and then with both of them together. Ballora stood up, setting her phone on the bedside table, and walked out into the bathroom—maybe a relaxing shower would help her to think.

Ennard stared across the room in thought. He had overheard Ballora and Foxy's conversation, about Foxy being in love with Ballora. He knew it wasn't right to squeeze his way back into Foxy's life and steal Ballora from him. Ballora was in the shower, and she probably wouldn't mind one less person in her house.

Ennard sighed as he sat up and got out of bed. Although he still had socks on, he didn't know where his shoes were; they weren't in Ballora's room, so they were probably at the front door. Ennard left the room and walked through the living room. He slipped on his shoes, that were at the front door like he had thought, and walked outside.

Ennard took a cab back to his apartment. He stayed silent the whole ride, staring out at the buildings that passed by. Should I move, or transfer schools? I could just lose contact with them again, like last time.

Ennard payed his fare and got out of the cab. He walked up to his apartment as the taxi drove off. He unlocked the door and walked in, being hit with the usual smell of mildew—unlike Ballora's place, which smelled of lavender. He sighed as he locked the door and walked over to his bed.