Jessie Lovell

Jessie POV.

Hello, I'm Jessie Lovell, the most popular girl at Oak wood high school. I have all the boys wrapped around my finger...... But I'm a lesbian.

(A/N. Oh, you thought this was the annoying popular girl trying to get a demigod? NOPE.)

Hey, I didn't ask to get all the guys, or to be at the top of the popularity chart, it just happened! And now that I'm here, I can't come out, or I'd be back at rock bottom.

Well, anyway, I'm at school with my girl squad, Linda, Alex, and Marge, and we're just talking about things any teen girl talks about.

"So, Jessie," Linda says, "You know Brad? He's totally cute. You should ask him out, he'll totally say yes."

My head runs wild, searching for an excuse, "I don't know, he's not really up to my standards." My standards- be a girl, I think.

The bell rings, signaling my last class, "got to go, girls." I walk to my English class.

-----Time skip to the end of the class----

I quickly gather my books and walk out the building. There I see Nico Di Angelo, he's sitting on the bench, and looks like he's waiting for someone. I walk up to him, "Mind if I sit here?"

 He sighs, "If you're trying to get my with your friend you can give up now, I already told her I'm taken."

"You mean Alex? Nah, she gave up after last time." I tell him, "If you don't mind me asking, who are you waiting for?"

"My boyfriend."

I almost choked on air. "You're gay?"

"You got a problem?" He asks raising an eyebrow.

"No, no, no." I clarify, "I just didn't expect that."

I sat down. "...Must've taken guts to come out, huh?"

Nico shrugs, "my family's pretty accepting, so are my friends. But, Well, the situation made thing pretty bad."

"Did people treat you different? Like you where trash, or something?"

"Well there's always the homophobic in the crowd, but I just learned to ignore them."

Suddenly a soft yellow car pulled up. A tall blond guy with blue eyes gets out. Nico stands up.

"That's my ride." He states, "and you know, if someone doesn't like you, you shouldn't leave and let them win. It took me awhile to learn that."

The blond spots us and starts running over. "Hey, death boy!" He exclaims.

"Don't call me death boy, solace!" Nico shouts, but smile lingers on his lips. He runs to meet his boyfriend. They share a kiss, then get in the car.

The next day Nico didn't come to school, but my confidence sure as heck did. 

I stood in front of class with a smile on my face as I say the words I yearned to say for so long, "I just think you guys should know that I'm a lesbian."