Head canon!

I have a head canon~

It's kinda dark.

Let's get into it!!

~~~~~~~~ (-_-) ~~~~~~~~

So imagine that all children of Apollo don't like the dark, and everyone else thinks that they're just scared of it because there dad is the sun god.
But in reality they don't like it because it gives them visions.

If anyone from cabin 7 is in the dark for more then 5 minutes they see terrifying things. No one knows if they're real or not, but Chiron thinks it's real life in the future mixed with the demi-gods worst fear.

And if the demi-god is in the dark for more then half an hour they go into a coma and are basically living with what terrifies them most.

But here's the catch- No one knows what terrifies them most. Most people go through life never seeing anything that horrible, but the demi-gods that do go into this fear infused coma get to see it. 

They see it all.

If someone does miraculously wake the child of Apollo up, it's most likely they won't be the same. Almost everyone to live through the experience was gone mad. Dionysus tried to help, but the demi-god still gets flashbacks, and many think it's not worth living through.

That's why you will notice that every night cabin 7 leaves a window open to let moon light shin in. That's why whenever a Hermes camper pranks everyone by turning off camps electricity, they leave the Apollo cabins lights on. That's why they're all scared of the dark. And that's my head canon.