3

The company was in complete riot early in the morning

The company was in complete riot early in the morning. Shoes shuffling and clacking on the polished marbled floor as people hurrying to every places.

You were in deep turmoil as you trudged passed the co-workers who were carrying boxes filled with confetti.

'Are they celebrating something today?'

You shrugged it off ㅡ walking towards your own department as usual and saw your co-workers were fleeting to every places. They seemed to be working extra work than usual; you thought.

"Hey, Sunhi. Is there something going on today?"

You asked, still abash with everything around you.

"Eunhee, you're always so not updated to our news! It's the CEO's best friend birthday party! We're celebrating it tonight and we will be holding a banquet!"

Sunhi expressed with anticipation as she grinned widely. You pondered over it for awhile ㅡ Jungkook had never tell you anything about a birthday party yesterday or this morning.

"And who is that friend?"

You questioned again.

Sunhi sighed in disappointment ㅡ she murmured something unclear under her breath.

"It's Jung Hoseok. This company's pillar of support. Without him, our company would have gone bankrupt."

Sunhi explained and you rounded your mouth, astounded. You had once again, found out something about Jungkook. It was a surprise for you. Jungkook had always been cold and is never open to others but knowing that he have a best friend made you think he might have a warmer side of him.

Suddenly, a senior entered the room, a wide smile hugged her lips.

"Our CEO is here! It's one in a lifetime scene, let's go!"

When you heard the senior's words, your heart thumped. A loud beat resonated in your ears and the vision of his ㅡ your husband's face, flashed in your mind.

Without wasting another second, you hurried to the hall to gather with other co-workers. Other people were also there. They were crowding in the hall and squeezed against each other to pass through. You tried to do the same and somehow, you made it pass through.

"Eek!"

You let out a small shriek when the tip of your foot stumbled on one of the crowd's leg. You saw the floor ㅡ every second, your whole body was getting near to it. You were about to fall.

You closed your eyes, waiting for the loud thud and pain to attack you.

But the floor you were waiting to hit didn't happen. You didn't felt any pain nor you felt your skin touching the floor. Your body was floating. Around your arms, you can feel large hands wrapping around you gently. A comforting warmth eminated through your body.

"Be careful. It is a trouble if one of our worker is hurt."

An all-so-familiar tone voiced just slightly above your head. You slowly tilted your head up to see Jungkook's face staring at you back with scary looking eyes.

There was a moment of silence.

"I- I'm s-sorry!"

You were flustered and quickly pushed Jungkook's hands away. The cozy warmth instantly dissipated as soon as his touch trailed off your skin. Your heart were still thumping against your chest loudly. Your cheeks flushed in red from embarrassment. Your gaze met the floor.

You could hear the other workers whispering and giggling. But what bothered you the most was the burning stares that was obviously coming from Jungkook. You knew ㅡ he was mad.

Feeling too embarrassed, you backed away slowly and set back in the crowd to hide yourself from Jungkook. You can still feel your cheeks flaring and you can't focus on what Jungkook were saying.

It was also getting hard for you to breath as it was very cramped and everyone kept pushing and pulling each other. Someone even stepped on your foot ㅡ you winced in pain and held your fists tightly to suppressed the throbbing pain on your foot.

"You there, stop pushing. That girl hurt her feet."

You heard the CEO's voice. Your eyes immediately flickered to him ㅡ seeing that he had noticed that the co-worker beside you had accidentally stomped on your foot.

The co-worker gasped and apologized, stuttering. You were left in a complete dilemma from his act. Everyone kept eyeing you weirdly and passing whispers to each other's ears. They were wearing a strange smiles on their face ㅡ making you feel uncomfortable.

What was Jungkook planning? He told you to keep the marriage a secret yet he was talking to you publicly.

You were confused.

What was he planning?

-

What do you guys think he's planning? Also, I'm super damn late but happy birthday to our dear hoseokkie! I hope he had nice birthday party and receives lots of presents from the members!!