9

You walked on the street filled with people

You walked on the street filled with people. The road were busy and jammed. Your mind only was filled with what Hoseok had said to you earlier ㅡ back at the convenience store.

'He knew I was talking about Jungkook. Was I that obvious?'

Flashback

As if Hoseok had read your mind, he hit the jackpot again. You rounded your eyes in surprise. Your face was oblivious for him to guess.

"I knew it. So, you are in a relationship with Jungkook?"

Hoseok asked. The steaming hot cup of ramen was pushed aside. He brought his elbow on the countertop ㅡ resting his chin on his palm as he waited for my answer.

"K ㅡ kind of something like that..."

You didn't want to tell him that you and Jungkook were not just in relationship but also married. You were not mentally ready to tell him, especially not in a convenience store.

"Wow, that is something new. I've been friends with Jungkook for so long but he had never mentioned a girl before."

Hoseok stated, sounding amused by the situation.

"But I don't understand. Is your relationship not working well? You said some depressed confessions just now."

Hoseok moved closer, observing my face in such a small distance.

"Is it okay.. if I tell you..?"

"Yeah, sure! You can tell me anything that you feel comfortable with."

He welcomed with pleasure. You heaved a long sigh, clutching your fist on your chest. A burden had been loaded off your shoulders as soon as Hoseok said it.

"He.. is my first love."

You exclaimed, your face turning red as you confessed.

"But I am always neglected by him. It made me looked like an idiot because I am the only one chasing for him. I wanted him to shares the same feeling as I do to him."

Hoseok hummed in reply.

"Then, that means Jungkook basically has no feelings for you. He doesn't loves you."

His words pricked at your heart but you kept on the neutral face. You knew it was the truth but you had always been denying it, wanting yourself to have a chance.

"You need to break up with him."

Hoseok said monotonously. As if it was the easiest thing to do. You balled your fists tightly ㅡ your knuckles turning white.

"I'll... I'll think about it."

You blurted out unconsciously.

"Also, if it's too painful or hard to look at his face after the break-up, please consider a resignation and..."

He briefly paused before taking out a business card inside his coat. He slid it across the countertop and you took a glimpse at the golden hue card.

"Is this... your company..?"

You were lost for words.

"Yes. It's optional though. But I'll be happy if you can work with me."

He smiled but you couldn't do the same. It was hard to even tug a smile on your stiffened lips. Your heart beating fast as you gave it a thought. Technically, Hoseok was offering you a work at his company.

'He wants me to resign from Jungkook's company.'

You bit your thumb, giving yourself another round of thoughts. More heavy loads had sheltered on your shoulders once more and this time, you couldn't escape from it.

"You don't need to decide now, Eunhee. Take your time to think about this offer carefully."

He took your hand ㅡ placing the business card on your palm. After that, he stood up from the stool. You tilted upward to see Hoseok leaving the convenience store.

A small sigh trailed off your mouth.

'What should I exactly do?'

Flashback

At work

It has been a week since then and finally, you had made up your mind.

Today, you didn't came to work with Jungkook but instead you boarded the bus. You and Jungkook haven't exchange a single word since the incident. Once again, you were settled by the awkward atmosphere.

You pressed the letter in your hands nervously. The secretary was on leave today so you had the chance to sneak in without having to book an appointment.

You slightly tip-toed; nervousness filled your lungs. Knocking on the CEO's door , you could descry a voice asking you to come in.

Coughing awkwardly, you pushed the door open ㅡ entering the room with your chin held high. Jungkook were buried in paperworks behind the desk. He eyed you with a raised brow.

"What do you want?"

Jungkook asked coldly, your existence didn't bothered him at all. You felt stupid for being flustered whenever you were with him. You frowned ㅡ trudging towards his desk.

"Here."

You placed a white envelope on his desk. Jungkook slow motionly diverted his attention onto the envelope.

"What's this?"

Jungkook asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"A resignation letter."

"What are you planning, Eunhee?"

Butterflies cause havoc in your stomach once again as your name fell off his tongue. You hated yourself for always falling for his spell when yours never worked on him.

"I'm quitting. I want to work with Jung Hoseok at his company."

"What?"

You had been thinking about your decision for a week and in the end, wanted to resign from the job. You wanted to let go of him. You thought that if you were to resign, you could also file a divorce with him.

Jungkook picked the envelope before sliding out the letter inside. He skimmed through the paper. You gulped ㅡ knowing that he would say yes.

'I know you would because you don't love me.'

Suddenly, you saw Jungkook tearing up the white envelope into small bits before tossing them into the waste bin. Your eyes widened ㅡ a thump can be heard in your ears as you eyed him.

"Rejected. I won't let you leave."

-

OMG AKDJDKJDKDJ JUBGKOOK IS FINALLH MAKIBV A MANLY MOVE EYYY lmao I'm sorry I'm hyped

Btw hope you guys enjoy this chapppp