25

+ eunhee

+ eunhee

The pavement was wet with raindrops falling from the gravel grey sky. Puddles formed in various shapes as I purposely splashed the water with my leg. I sauntered across the narrow street in my saturated form with head hanging low. I didn't know my birthday was going to be this horrible. I thought getting no gift from Jungkook was the worst feeling but turns out - rejecting the gift felt more sickening and worse. It felt like I had committed a crime.

I whispered a sigh slowly before sucking a deep breath of the moist evening air. The sun was hiding itself once more and soon after, the moon will rise in its place. How much terrible I was to even wished for Jungkook to search for me after what I had done. I wished he would just shout my name and hugged me tightly and let me apologize to him.

In the spur of a moment, something was caught in my peripheral vision and I saw a blinding light illustrated in the puddle near my footing. Confused by the loud roaring sound of the engine, I turned my heels around to see a very familiar car parked on the road side. I couldn't keep my eyes open as the light was harshly blinding me.

"What the hell are you doing here, Eunhee!" Also - a very familiar voice started shouting amidst from the harsh rain pouring down on us, I could hear him with pure clarity. The voice that could melt a thousand hearts and gold. I recognized the voice as it belonged to Jungkook.

I saw - a soggy form of man limping towards me. Even when I can't see his face clearly from the bleary eyed filled with tears, I knew it was none other than Jungkook. He came rushing in front of me, as if I was his most precious and biggest prize. And he somehow seemed different.

A cold and unloving expression was always distorting his attractive face but now, it was worn with relief and a speckled of happiness. Somehow, my selfish wish of wanting to see him came true. I didn't managed to utter a word when he slithered his left hand on my back and the latter on my head, tangling with my dampened hair and pulling me into an embrace.

My cheek met with his drenched coat and my cold breaths hit his chest. My fingers were tangled on his buttons as I clenched on him, sniffing every scent on him. I can hear his heartbeat loud and clear - they were as fast as mine. But what for?

"Are you real? This is not a dream?" I asked nonchalantly, feeling his scent making me drowsy in his embrace. "Of course. You can never get a Jungkook like this in dream." I could feel his laughter vibrated through my whole body and I couldn't help but feeling my cheeks getting hotter.

Soon, Jungkook broke the hug and I couldn't anymore look into his eyes. Though, I could feel Jungkook's piercing gazes making holes on me.

"Look at me."

He demanded. I gulped the big lump stuck in my throat and looked straight into his eyes. They were dark and beautiful - imitating the lonely night sky. I noticed his wet hair glued to his face and I find it... hot.

"W - what?" I stammered, with an arched brow.

"Can I kiss you?"

I couldn't hear what he said from the loud rain and I made a puzzled expression as he intensely stared at my face.

"Sorry, can you repeat -"

My sentence were easily cut off when Jungkook crashed his lips on mine.