Chapter 4: Too Dramatic To Be A Doormat

Blaise sucked in a cheek and looked around the grounds. "Let's take a walk around the pitch. I'm tired of riding my broom."

There wasn't a cloud in the sky that afternoon. They took a seat by one of the few trees near the edge of the forest.

Draco sighed heavily. "All of our lives we were told to maintain status and the sanctity of our blood. To the point of arranged marriages before we're conceived or inbreeding..."

He glanced at Blaise who sat beside him criss-cross on the grass yanking out weeds.

He looked up to the sky wearily. "I know it's not worth anything now, but for that to have all been a lie I—I... For me to be evidence of that rule being broken, it's unfathomable."

"I think it's for the best that this happened to you."

Draco whipped his head to scowl.

He chuckled. "Out of all of us save for Pansy, you had the blood purity shoved down your throat the farthest. We were all so proud and pretentious. You were incorrigible. After the war, I think it would be the hardest for you to come to terms with change. Now fate has forced you to never forget it."

Draco dropped his scowl to a faint frown and rolled his eyes. "Apparently I'm so bad at making decisions in my life, it's now up to some stupid witch."

Blaise's brows rose high then he nodded still looking shocked. He opened his mouth to speak then snapped it shut. There was a rustle of leaves behind them. They both gripped their wands tightly and looked around. Right behind them was a thick mass of bushes. Draco squinted and saw a small figure

He looked over to Blaise who nodded sternly. Without another word they got up and walked back toward Hogwarts. They glanced behind themselves every few minutes.

They relaxed once they made it into the hallway that led to their dorm. "How has the golden girl been while I've been out?" Draco asked.

"Granger? Holed up in her room studying. I think she's nesting with the number of books she's collected. Other than that pleasant as can be. I suspect that will change once you get up there."

"Lovely"

They stepped into the portrait together. "Speak of the devil," Blaise said leaving his broom by the door.

Hermione had fallen asleep on the couch with a book over her chin and a blanket loosely on her legs. They stepped lightly around her toward the staircase. Draco stole a glimpse at the book she was reading. He recognized the title but couldn't remember the plot. Some wizard myth that got shared with muggles.

His eyes glanced at her nose just above the book. For some reason, he had figured her nose would be bigger since she was always in everyone's business. But weirdly, it suited her face well. Proportional.

He turned left and followed Blaise shortly. He had been waiting in his chair with his feet propped on the desk. "Did you know our chairs SPIN? I just figured this out and had been waiting to show you." He dropped his feet to the ground, gripped his desk, and spun as fast as he could. "It's bloody brilliant! If muggle integration is like this I could get used to it."

Draco scoffed and threw a pillow from his bed toward the wheels.

It landed in between the rollers. Blaise's chair wiggled."Woah! Do you know how fast I was going? You could've killed me!"

He snickered as he jumped onto his bed. "Hardly. The worst that could happen is you being more of a fool."

Blaise glared and moved to get onto his bed.