(unedited) Chapter 11: Useful

"We still need one more male chaperone." The professor said.

Hermione furrowed her brows and tapped her quill on the side of her face as she thought. "Do they have to be staff?"

"They have to be 20 or older and have some knowledge with traveling or foreign affairs would be helpful."

"Charlie Weasley." Hermione announced.

"The Dragon tamer?" Draco asked incredulously.

"He studies primarily dragons in Romania, but he studies other creatures as well." She corrected.

Draco sneered and was about to mutter an insult when Zimbaya agreed with the choice. "I met Charlie Weasley in a study program. I wouldn't mind having him; after all it will be nice having someone my age watching the herd." She smiled.

Hermione grinned and wrote it on the parchment. "I'll ask Mrs.Weasely, she is the one who convinced him to give me a copy of his journal of the dragons he studies...it really is a riveting-"

Draco nudged her shoulder before she could wander off on a tangent. She coughed a "sorry" and they began packing up there things. "One moment," The professor called. "While we're on this trip I would like to have you two by me most of the time. There are some things that I would love to show you that I know you will find interesting."

"Of course Professor." "Thank you, that would be amazing Professor!" They chided.

She waved them goodbye and they exited through the doors. "You seemed a bit cold during the meeting." Hermione pointed out.

Draco shrugged, and then began playing with his hair on the back of his head. "Do you mind studying with me tonight? I've been getting this strange feeling around the Professor, nothing bad, just...odd"

Her dark brows scrunched together and she nodded. "Sounds like a plan, but why tonight? What are you doing now?"

"Eager to be alone with me are you?" Draco teased.

She rolled her eyes. "First, we are alone right now; second I don't mind you not being around me but I'm simply a bit curious to what you'd be doing when not attached to my limbs."

He smirked, which quickly turned into a grin at her frustration. "I know you are still adjusting to this new... situation, and I'm going to give you some space. Besides quidditch try-outs are later this week and I plan on getting seeker."

"I see. Well, good luck then."

"Cheers" he nodded.

Hermione watched as he strutted out the hall that led outside. Something odd... whatever could that mean? Hermione never felt strange around the teacher, if anything she always felt quite peaceful and relaxed around her. The professor felt relatable. A little background information on her teacher couldn't hurt...Could it? She bit her lip and stared heading straight for the library, unaware of the figure watching her from a distance.

The figure neatly folded up the letter they received and whipped out their wand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucius' heels clicked on the ground and echoed throughout the large hall. The dark wood amplified the already intense sound. He couldn't help but remember the last time he felt like this, this same situation. As he turned the corner his short mused hair stiffened like a cat. He took a deep breath in. He pushed the large oak door and entered the room with the long table that seemed to extend the entire length of the floor.

"Lucius, I was beginning to worry." A low voice called.

"Nonsense Wendell I gave you my word, and you should agree; I'm in no position to go back on it." He replied, making his way closer to the table.