(unedited) Chapter 15: What Have I Done?

Draco jolted awake. A dimly lit room spun at odd angles. He reached to rub his eye and yanked at the invisible bindings. He couldn't lift his feet higher than an inch.

He sighed, and let his head fall. A few minutes later he blinked, regaining his vision, and squinted at the details of the room.

It seemed to be a dungeon of sorts. There was one cell to his far right, and a wooden door a few yards in front of him. To his left was an elaborate potions station.  He turned his head slightly trying to distinguish the objects—all he could see was fuchsia potion bubbling dangerously close to the brim of the cauldron.

He noticed the platform he laid on was reclined. Above his right wrist was a long thin tube filled with a red liquid. His eyes bulged as he realized the red liquid was his blood. He followed the tube as far as he could. It appeared to lead to a big rack filled with vials of blood.

He heard chattering outside the door and pretended to be unconscious. The door's hinges squeaked open and heavy footsteps echoed in the room. He listened intently. The footsteps went straight to the potion and dropped something in with an audible 'plop', then sighed. They crept close to Draco and seemed to stop a foot away from him.

"Such a pity Draco." The voice commented thoughtfully. "My little princess was so fond of you, nearly broke her to bring you in."

Draco focused on the voice, even though it had been a while since he heard it, he knew that haughty tone and pity sigh, it was none other than Mr. Parkinson.

"She knew it was for the best. I say you turned into quite a strapping young lad," he paused, "not to worry as it turns out-

Draco heard his footsteps move away from him toward his right and flick a piece of glass. "There is a way to save you...and it would be quite beneficial for both of us if I do say so myself." He finished with a small chuckle.

Draco felt his bandage come off and winced. He heard Mr. Parkinson take one step forward and felt breath across his face. Draco stiffened. The man cleared his throat and pointed the wand to his chest. "Stupefy".

_______________________

Hermione chewed her lip as she maneuvered through the crowded halls of Hogwarts. As soon as she made it to her room she rapidly flipped through pages of a newspaper nicking her finger in the process. She laid the paper on her desk spread open. She sucked the bleeding area of her finger while reading the small section. It was just a single missing person's add.

Her heart sank. If people were missing, only one of the twenty had any real connection with someone; or at least someone willing to file a report. She drummed her other hand on the table. Should she believe some fourteen-year-olds about a wild story? She sat back; her eyes caught a picture she had framed on her wall of Ron, Harry, and her in their third year, then the others. She smirked. If anyone should believe them it should be her. To top it off, she had a feeling in her core, something was wrong.

"Something internal," she whispered to herself. She automatically went to the bond but shook her head. Wouldn't she know if that was the case? She felt normal. She walked toward her mirror, bumping into the side of her bed.

She roamed her eyes over her body. She looked normal; the same brown eyes, the same slightly tanned skin, her hair was even the same shade of brown she'd been born with. Alarms went off in her head as she grabbed a piece of her hair. She straightened her back. She was shorter too.

Her heart was pounding and her thoughts were everywhere. Hermione grabbed fistfuls of her dark brown locks and took several breaths. The effects of the bond were almost non-existent. They shouldn't have disappeared if anything they should be stronger.