Chapter 5: Paper Towels Are Not Vows

"He hasn't had a real meal in a bit. It was probably that."

Draco was bent over a porcelain toilet. His hair was plastered to his forehead, sweat beads trickled down his neck. He heaved vile fluid into the bowl and breathed heavily. A frantic knock came from the door. He turned toward it and wiped his mouth on his sleeve. "Go away Zabini."

"What was that all about? Are you going to be alright? Should I get the nurse?"

"No. I'll be fine. I just--I just need to catch my breath." He heard the door handle turn. "Don't you dare open that door!"

It stopped and shut again. "Ok but it's unlocked and you left your wand on the bed."

Draco groaned and bent over the toilet again. He had flushed it but the stench was still there. He hated vomit. The sight of it only made him want to puke more. So he did. "Look just leave me alone I'll be fine. I might need some water but just put it by the door."

He heard footsteps leave then come back shortly with a glass touching the floor. "Alright it's out there, but I'm still going to get help ok? Everything is going to be alright Drake."

"No—Blaise," he panted, "you don't need to-" but he knew that the figure was gone.

He slouched back against the wall and tried to steady his breathing. The air was thick and suffocating. He still didn't understand why that happened. The nurse had been helping him just fine and she was female. He didn't really like Pansy but not enough to actually vomit. He lifted a shaky hand to reach the counter. He couldn't lift the other to get up. The transformation had taken a toll on him and his current state wasn't helping. He descended back to his corner.

Footsteps slowly came closer from down the hall. He sighed and dropped his head forward in defeat. "Did you bring the nurse or professor Zimbaya?"

"Why's this glass here?" he heard a feminine voice ask.

His eyes grew and his hand went toward the door. "Granger no!"

The handle twisted and the door creaked open to the curly-haired witch. She had a weird headpiece around her ears and head with wires going into her pocket. It squished her brown hair oddly at the top. He only then realized it was playing loud music.

She stared at him with wide doe eyes, never leaving the door. Her eyes darted back and forth in the room. Slowly she removed her headpiece and pushed a button in her pants pocket that stopped the music.

She gulped and looked back at him. "Uhh...Are, are you alright?"

He looked at her in horror, his face draining of any remaining color. "Get the fuck out of here Granger."

Her eyebrows furrowed. As she started to turn, she realized she still had the glass in her hand. She nodded to herself and turned back to him."There's no one else here. And you're in pathetic shape." She walked over to him and set the glass down by his hand. He grabbed the glass reluctantly.

She flushed the toilet and whispered spells around it and on the floor. The mess he had made from knocking stuff off the counters and being nauseous was gone. She then opened the cabinet under the sink and pulled out a few sprays.

"I said get the fuck out!" He shouted again.

"Believe me I will, but I don't want your vomit stinking up the house." She aggressively wiped the counter and threw it in the trash. She glanced at Malfoy and made a face. She tore off a piece of the paper towel and stepped toward him.

"Don't come near me!" His heart started racing and he was worried if she touched him that this would start all over.

She scowled at him and lowered herself to her knees. "Here, wipe your face."